
My Illustration Friday entry for 'heroes'.
When I left home I was still in school. All I wanted was to get into university at the end of it all, so finishing school and getting good marks was my 1st hurdle.
My heroes are the couple who took me in. They let me live with them in their home in the hills until I was brave enough to go out and find somewhere of my own. Among other things they taught me how to laugh at life and that it was there to be lived.
When I moved out of their place, they gave me a hug and an envelope. Inside was every dollar of rent I had ever paid them, needless to say this helped enormously with the 2nd hurdle of going to university. It still surprises me how utterly incredible, generous and selfless people can be. It's inspiring, and to this day I can't imagine anyone else filling my hero status as much as they do.










6 comments:
Wow. I don't know your life-history, but the story you told to accompany your illustration is powerful. Thanks for sharing that.
Sweet drawing! I like the topless clouds. : )
another wow! that was really an amazing experience in your life. having blessed with (your right-)incredible, generous selfless people....
Lovely piece! I love your style and the composition. It's very moving.
I love your story and your illustration. So soft and comforting and vulnerable... makes my heart swell.
this is beautiful and precious. the illustration and the story are both powerful by themselves and together they are amazing.
erika
http://www.five3.com
I love your interpretation of the theme. A person's own personal story is often the best illustration of a truth to the rest of us. This is beautifully and tenderly drawn...and your thoughts are well said. Thank you!
Post a Comment