I could be a Colour Namer!
You know when you want to paint a wall and you go and collect those little colour sample cards. I have a stash of them; blue fury, apple's eye, cherry blossom, leak, lemon light, bok choy...
Well I think I'd like to give it a go. I've been practicing; drought lawn green, secondhand book page beige, too ripe tomato red, curried egg yellow, 80's eyeshadow blue.
I like to refer to the colour of my new gorgeously warm scarf as 'dirty sheep'.Mum called me at work the other week, she was shopping and had come across some quilt covers on sale. Apparently they were a total bargain, so she was describing each one to me over the phone. "One is velvety in a 'deep mochaccino', the other one is more like a 'cafe-au-lait', and then there's one with little beads, and that ones is in a, umm, well I guess it's a 'milky latte' colour". (She obviously needed a coffee that day).
So clearly this highly attuned skill is genetic, passed through the generations on the mothers side of the tree. I'll be expecting any offspring of mine to be pointing at their crayons with a casual "chilly cheeks pink", "band aid beige", or the odd "kiddie pool water green".










1 comment:
haha ya I agree. that'd be a fun job. and i suspect there are millions of people out there who have that job. how do you get a job like that? my current job title is so ambiguous. it'd be great to tell people i name lipsticks.
Post a Comment