flossy-p home

Saturday, August 12, 2006

lazy or diseased?

Tuesday night saw us be diligent little citizens and fill out our national census form. There were a few pages to it, but it was simple enough, or so I thought…

Question 48 asked how much housework we’d each done in the past week.
Census 48
Keep in mind I had been buried under a blanket on the lounge suffering from the Winter Flu most of last week, so the truth of the matter was I had done very little (if any) housework. I added up how many minutes I had accumulated making cups of tea, and wondered if filling up a hot water bottle counted.

I begged Mr You to let me fudge it a little and pretend I’d done more, because I had a cold, and that’s not fair. Eventually we came to a compromise (5-14hrs), but he teased me so much about lying to the government that I got up early one day this week and scrubbed the bejesus out of the loo, just to ease my guilt.

Question 39 asked us to describe the main duties we perform in our jobs. Mr You had trouble, as he’s always doing something unique, none of which are easily summarised in 54 little boxes.
(For example the 2 projects he’s been working on for the past few months are now on exhibit, one was programming a GPS drawing artwork where members of the public borrow a handheld GPS unit for a couple of hours, return it, the data is downloaded, combined with others and turned into an artwork.

The other was programming an interactive wall, which is essentially an artwork projected on a wall that responds to it’s surroundings and can also display images sent to it by the public. But then he also does screen graphics for the occasional movie. It varies greatly. It’s hard to describe to people, which is why most of the folk in his home town think he’s a graphic designer for an ad agency. It’s easier to let them think that than try to explain what he does and why.


…see more than 54 boxes.

At this point he gave up and broke his answer into the most basic description possible.
Census 39

When Mr You read my answer to Question 21, which asks if you need assistance with body movement “for example, getting out of bed”, (in other words do you have bad arthritis, or paralysation of any sort, etc) he pointed at me accusingly and announced “I have to push you out of bed every single day!”
Census 21

This IS true, but it’s not because I’m incapacitated, it’s because I’m lazy and hate getting up. They should have included another question…

Question 21b – Is this because you are:
A) medically incapacitated in some way
B) OR a big old lazy bum

2 comments:

rania said...

too funny!!

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahaha flossy! this cracked me up to no ned! Nat always makes me help him up or out of bed because he's lazy. he also will proudly say because he's so lazy!
you gave me a hearty laugh!
xoxox