I spent this past weekend in Melbourne on a trip Sister Sparkle arranged. It's the first time we've ever done anything like this; a girls weekend away for Sister Sparkle, Mum and myself. As we were on the plane on the way there Mum was telling us the last time we all flew together was when Sister Sparkle was only 5 weeks old, and I was 5 years old. That's a fair while.When the idea was first raised I must admit I was frightened, you see it was planned as a shopping trip and holy moley can those women shop! I flashed back to times when I've been shopping with each of them separately, hours and hours of me begging to stop for a cup of tea, only to see them disappear into another shop calling back "Sure, I'll just have a quick look in here first" over and over.
I knew this was a special occasion though, so I went willingly stating my only conditions were that we stop for a drink and a bit of a rest every 2.5 - 3 hours, and I get to go to a craft shop I remember going to last time I was there. We did both, thankfully. And it was fun. I went into training 3 months in advance; in the lead up I didn't go anywhere near a shop just so my thirst for shopping was somewhere on the same level as theirs. It worked.
It was good fun in the end. We didn't get to see any landmarks or do any sightseeing - it was serious clothes shopping only. I didn't mind, this was my 5th trip to Melbourne (I love Melbourne) and it was good to have a different type of trip to what I'm used to. The shopping part was successful, I picked up a few cute items so I was happy. Sister Sparkle on the other hand... Well she was happy too... $685 later!!!! (that was on clothes alone, and in one single day). I told you they were serious shoppers.










1 comment:
What a great picture - and metal work - this is; I like the way you tied it in with 'flight'. Sounds like a fun weekend!
Post a Comment