flossy-p home

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

drumroll

Tonight was the night that the Thanksgiving Illustration raffle was drawn. Here's a summary of the events as they unfolded...

And the nominees are...
Nominees

It's very sophisticated technology as you can see. All entries folded up, in the bowl and being mixed with a chopstick, (not being hexed by a magic wand as it may appear).
Stirring once

Just to be sure my lovely skellington assistant stirs once again using his own slightly more vigorous methods.
Stirring twice

Our breaths are bated as the drumroll sounds and the winning name is selected...
Drawing

And the winner is....Diane Duda!! YAAAAAY!
The Winner

Congratulations to Diane of Dudadaze! You get to choose a topic for your Thanksgiving illustration (drawn by me). What'll it be? Feel free to be as descriptive as you please.
I am at your very whim :D


Thank-you again to all the lovely talented nominees. This has been so much fun so far, I might have to make an event of this each time another country celebrates a holiday that we don't. (heh)

9 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Holy crow! I feel like I should have a speech or at least a list of people to thank!

Now, for an idea??? Give me a few hours to think. I know I should have been thinking already...but I never win anything.

I'll be in touch and thanks so much.
(sorry for the ryhme.)

Anonymous said...

Lucky Diane! Maybe a zoo animal is an idea.....giraffe possibly? joking! Happy Thursday, and I would send you some delicious pumpkin pie if I could.

Diane Duda said...

Okay, so I left a few word choices and also a photo on my blog. I'll let you pick so it can be a complete surprise. I'm sorry to be so vague, but I'm a very poor decision maker. Always procrastinating because I'm scared of making the wrong choice.

Anyway thanks again...in advance. I know I'll love whatever you come up with!

WOO HOO!

isay said...

hu hu hu better luck next time.. really i am sad.

well, congratulations to the winner-

Rayne said...

I admit to being a wee bit disappointed but I offer sincere congratulations to Diane.

Rayne said...

P.S. I love the little bee on my name. It's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Yay Diane!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, I got a huge kick out of seeing my name there on that little slip of paper in the photo :).

islandarts said...

Lucky Diane!!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Anonymous said...

oh, lucky Diane! I'm so green with all the envy. But I can't wait to see what you come up with.
We have thanksgiving in Canada, but it was way back at the beginning of October...so I'm really not into the IF theme either. But seriously, the pumpkin pie is delicious! With a huge dollup of fresh whipping cream, you really can't go wrong. mmmm. I wish I could send you a peice :)