After looking through loads of "smoke" illustrations last week, I felt a strong need to get out and get some fresh air into my lungs. Mr You has been working on the North side of the city, so I met him after work on Friday and we walked back across the Sydney Harbour Bridge together. It felt good to get out into the sea breeze and soak in some late afternoon sunbeams. We detoured via a night market, and sat on the grass and ate delicious Turkish gozleme with our fingers.It felt good to get away from myself for a while.
We talked about how this time for me was never meant to have anything to do with making money or feeling success. It was only ever intended to be some time-out to enjoy some creative play. An experiment. A time to chill out, unwind and rebuild some soul.
It's hard, when you're so excited about something, to be casual and relaxed about it.
You'll have to bare with me for a while as I try to get this to sink in.
I thank-you for your interest, support and kindness.










3 comments:
I hope you are able to relax and let things flow....
But i don't think you have to worry about success- it's in everything you do.
Yeah, I can understand how it is so difficult to relax in creativity and I imagine this is magnified when you are working on your own projects full time. But how exciting to have this opportunity to focus on your art without the pressure to make money. I hope you really can relax and enjoy this time. I love all your stuff!
refreshing thoughts
Post a Comment