flossy-p home

Monday, November 20, 2006

giving my thanks

We don’t have Thanksgiving here in Australia. In fact I don’t even really know what it is. I assume it’s an event where it’s traditional to gather up loved ones and share your thanks and gratitude over a yummy meal. I know it involves pumpkin pie, and although I have never tasted pumpkin pie, (I’m not even sure if it’s sweet or savoury), I have a feeling I would like it very much.

This weeks Illustration Friday theme is, you guessed it, Thanksgiving. I’ve always liked the idea of Thanksgiving, but I don’t have any clue how I would illustrate something I have no real concept of.

This brings me to the bit that follows on from my previous post…

As my way of showing you my thanks and gratitude for your company and always being so kind to me (and persevering with my whinging), instead of doing an illustration for IF, this week I’m going to do one especially for one of you!

Here’s how it will work:
  1. If you’re interested, please leave a comment on this post. “Count me in” or something like that will do.

  2. At 9pm on Wednesday night (my time/Sydney), I will put all the names of those who have commented, into an empty fruit bowl and ask my delightful assistant to draw one out randomly (without peeking).

  3. I’ll post who the winner is on Wednesday night and try to contact them via email.


What does the winner win?
  1. The winner will be able to select a topic for me to attempt an illustration of (e.g. you could send a photo for me to attempt a portrait of you or a loved one, or describe what your thanksgiving is like, or describe a favourite possession and I’ll attempt an imaginary still life, etc).

  2. I will post the illo here for you all to see, AND mail the original illustration to the winner so they can keep it for their very own. A gift from me to you.

(note: it usually takes me a few days to come up with an illustration, so I’ll keep you posted on the progress as it goes.)


Hope that doesn’t seem conceited, it’s meant as a gesture of thanks.

I’ve never done anything like this before, it’ll be a challenge, but I’m really excited about this!!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

14 comments:

Diane Duda said...

I'm first! That has to be lucky, right?

Anonymous said...

Please, count me in! Great idea Flossy :)

here's my email: stournemille@gmail.com.

Allison said...

third times the charm! count me in!

p.s. pumpkin pie is sweet and really the very best thing about the whole thanksgiving holiday!

lil kim said...

What a fun interactive idea! I'm in!

rania said...

ooh, fun! count me in please!

Anonymous said...

I haven't visited for ages! And so much is going on here!

Count me in, please!

It doesn't seem conceited; it's a beautiful idea!

[oh, ps. i have changed my blog address. It's no longer white spaces]...

Anonymous said...

i want in- for sure!

islandarts said...

Oh goodness, please Count me in!!

Rayne said...

I want to be in!!! And I know exactly what I would ask you to draw already!

Pumpkin pie is wonderful, by the way. It has a creamy texture and is sweet but has lovely spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Whipped cream and a hot cup of tea or a cold glass of milk are the perfect go along.

kat coyle said...

Count me in!

isay said...

please count me in!

Anonymous said...

how could anyone not resist this! Count me in.

Amy Farrier said...

this idea's definitely better than pumpkin pie! count me in.

Anonymous said...

dang, i missed it!