flossy-p home

Friday, November 03, 2006

photoshop frenzy

My eyes are tired. I've been glued to the computer alllll week long.

After our time away last week I relaised that this is week 5 of me not being at work anymore. FAR OUT! According to my schedule I should have had sooo much more stuff completed by now. It really tipped me into a frenzy like state. So I sat and plugged away at my list.

I really wanted to get stuff set-up, get it out of the way, and leave me free to concentrate on painting and sewing. Up till now I've been doing little bits of everything and although things are slowly coming along, the feeling of not having anything finished is not a nice one.

I started designing description tags to send out with my Christmas tags (on sale next week - eeek. There I've said it, I'm committed to it now). But once I started those I thought it would be better to design business cards instead and cleverly combine the two. But once I started that I relaised that I can't just jump into a design, I need to plan it out more, so I started with some brand design, then designing my dream portfolio site, then a blog redesign to match, then back to the business cards, then an etsy header (still to set up an etsy store mind you), then back to the portfolio design again... arghhhhh.

Anyway, I'm only just now feeling like the designs are rounding into something I'm happy with. Actually getting them coded into an online site will be a WHOLE other matter altogether, so don't hold your breath.

I'm tired, I need sleep. Catch you later.

2 comments:

Diane Duda said...

I know just how you feel! I've been saying "Today I'll make an etsy header." for at least 2 months now. But there is always a dishwasher to empty, or a load of jeans to be washed, or a comment to leave about a lovely piece of artwork. Now I don't know how I ever did it all when I had a job! Sometimes I feel like I'll never feel happy...relaxed...content. No Matter What!
My brain is always a million places at once.
Anyway, good luck with the tags and all!

islandarts said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten to the etsy header. As with everything I always wait for a good chunk of time to sit down and do it justice... but it never arrives.
Can't wait to see what you have up for sale!