flossy-p home

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

red letter day

Red Letter Day
It amazes me every week how The Artists Way knows exactly what I'm thinking about. How does it do that? Are we all that predictable? I open the new chapter and immediately, usually on the first page, it lists things I've only just started worrying about in the last day or two, it magically quotes conversations I've had in my head, and by the end of the chapter I feel better.

Yesterday I started the week with a new chapter of the Artists way, and then, instead of sitting down to start work on something, I grabbed my camera and went for a walk. It was so freeing, breaking my own routine. (ooo, I know, I'm so bad! hee)
I took photo's of flowers in peoples gardens, and pretty tiles on steps, and roof lines, and noticed a few lovely red letterboxes. I decided when I have a house of my own I too would like a bold red letterbox!
______________________________

On Sunday I was suppose to go to a Childrens Book Illustration workshop, but it was cancelled because there weren't enough people interested. Can you believe it?!! I was so disappointed.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm off to a half day conference for small craft businesses about selling craft online. That's pretty specific, hey? Anyway, not sure what to expect, but today I'll be making up some business cards just in case.
______________________________

I'm still really excited about the illo competition, I can't wait to start! Thanks for the entries so far, keep 'em coming!

In the meantime I've added a few more small things to my ETSY Store; some hairbands and a couple of really cute retro Salt & Pepper brooches.
Hair Bands

6 comments:

Rayne said...

I love the little hair buttons. They are hair buttons, right? I'm going to feel like a total ass if they are some really common Australian thing that has nothing to do with hair.

isay said...

really really nice stuff in your ETSY STOrE!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I had the exact same reaction when I went through the Artist Way. Isn't that just uncanny how the author understands us so well? I suppose us artists are a predictable breed ;)
I love your new products! the hair doo-dads are so cute! Love the designs and colours. And did you paint that salt and pepper onto the fabric? Or was it there before? How unique!

flossy-p said...

Yes Robin, Hair buttons are a good thing to call them. I wasn't sure myself, I was calling them hairband button thingo's.

Thanks Isay

Sandra, now I wish I'd painted the salt n pepper shakers, but alas I was just lucky enough to find the cutest fabric ever! It's got ALL different types of salt n peppr shaker sets printed all over it. You'll be seeing lots more of it because it's my new favourite!

islandarts said...

The hair ties are awesome... I think I may have to get me some of those, when my hair grows back out!
Wish I could find my copy of 'The artists way', especially because it was a birthday present from my hubby!!

Anonymous said...

those red letter boxes are AMAZING- makes me want one now! Love the s&p brooch, must head over to your store after this...