A question for you...
Lets say, hypothetically, that you wanted to buy a print of an illustration online (not mine, just one in general), would you prefer to pay a little more to have a fully archival giclee quality print? Or would you rather spend less and get a non-archival print?
please help...
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










6 comments:
no doubt but a fully archival giclee quality print. I like keeping things for ages and i take care of them very well. i always tell myself-since i will spend some money, then why not buy the nicer one.
Thanks Isay
A fully archival giclee quality...but it might be nice to offer both....Just not sure just how much of a difference you are talking about. But if I were going to spend the $$ and time and interest, then I would probably go with a better quality.
i like the archival quality despite the extra $$ - it is art after all.
Hmmm....Is there a way to offer both?
I know I would prefer archival quality but...if I couldn't afford it I would go for the other one.
Have you looked at what places like posters.com offer? They actually offer art prints now, or they used to. There's another place that offers just art prints and I have to go look up their link.
I'm always broke but LOVE art. If I wanted to spend a lot of dough I'd buy original. But as far as prints go, i don't buy them but if I was going to- I'd buy a 'non archival' since I've printed non archival stuff myself and it's lasted for years (some of it better than my own original work!!). It's all in the proper framing and display (or storage) baby.
Of course if we are talking limited editions, signed an numbered... then I want archival.
Post a Comment