
By the time I'd gotten out of the shower yesterday morning, the postman had already been, and I was greeted to my day with 3 parcels - all for me! :D That doesn't happen very often at all, so it made for an exciting breakfast.
The first was a homemade DVD from my sister. After travelling around the country (again), she has settled down to live in Perth (a city far far away). I miss her terribly, but it'll be nice to see her on screeen. The DVD is all about her journey, I will be watching it tonight hopefully.
The second parcel was an order of fabric. I heart fabric! I ordered it online (because sadly the fabric shops around here are o-so-boring), a few of the pieces weren't right, but that's being fixed up, so it should all be fine in a few days. Beth had asked me to make her a new bag, so one of the pieces of fabric in this pile is for that. I hope she likes it.
Speaking of Beth, the last parcel was from her. Complete surprise! How sweet! She sent me a house-warming package!!!! Geez, how nice are people in this world?! Honestly, isn't it a spin-out that people you've never even met can be so giving, and such good friends.In her package was a gorgeous illustrated Alice in Wonderland journal, (Beth you should see inside, it has all sorts of illustrated treasures), plus a card picturing the shop where the journal came from. Man, that's the prettiest shop I think I've ever seen. Made me wish I could pop down there for the afternoon. Then, to top it all off she found the most amazing length of vintage fabric and kept it for me. She suggested in the card it could be made into a bag, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to chop into it. I instantly thought I could quilt it, and turn it into a light-weight throw rug, for when I snuggle up on the couch to doodle in my new journal. It is a house warming gift after all.
Thank-you Beth, I can't even begin to tell you how nice, and kind and generous I think you are.










1 comment:
I am so glad that it arrived safely! The quilted throw sounds cozy and wonderful, it is a great idea. I'm sure whatever you craft from it will be beautiful. If you ever come to the states, I'll take you to that little shop. :) Now I'm trying to guess which fabric in that stack would be for my project... such a teaser! Have fun watching your sister's DVD tonight. Talk soon...
Post a Comment