A few weeks ago Susan from ArtStream Studios sent out an email asking to help her spread the word about this years Lovely Hearts exhibition. I don't know what kind of major brain lapse happened on my part to only be mentioning it now... a day before the submission cut-off date!But anyway, Artstream are currently taking submissions for this year's exhibition. The theme is "love in all it's forms" and at least half of all the proceeds are donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It's a gorgeous way of raising funds for a really good cause.
So, I know I've left it a bit late to spread the news, but if you have a work you've done, around 10x10" or smaller, that spreads good loving feelings... then get yourself over here, and submit it.
(It can be all sorts of stuff: art, craft, photography, knitting, jewellery, etc)
Last year I was lucky enough to have 2 works in the show, both sold, and the exposure led to a roll of great projects for me. So not only is it a good cause, it's one of those experiences that shows if you give, you're likely to get! :) Plus it makes you feel proud to be part of it. :) I couldn't recommend it more highly...
And while I'm raving... hehehe
Last year, Beth was the one who suggested I submit something. I didn't think my work was good enough, but just knowing someone else thought is was, was enough for me to try. Plus that's how Beth and I became freinds. :)
See it's all good: new friends, good karma, exposure, and an exhibition to add to your BIO (...with a smiley-filled post to prove it).
What are you waiting for?!!! Go! Dig through your artworks, scan and send!!!! Quick sticks!
I'm off to scan and send my entry.
Details are here. 21st is the last day to enter, so don't hesitate. Good luck!










1 comment:
I'm so happy that you did submit something - or I wouldn't have a lovely piece of your artwork in my home!
Susan is so awesome - I can't wait to see the show this year!
Post a Comment