flossy-p home

Thursday, January 31, 2008

this theory

It’s been a funny old week. We packed up the guest room on the weekend (our visitors have come to an end for now), and I spent the first couple of days this week miserable; unable to get out of bed, mopey and teary. Then, slowly, I managed to help myself up and out, went for a swim in the sea, laughed at being slapped in the face by a wave, and by yesterday afternoon I was walking barefoot along the beach with no-one around, smiling wide for no apparent reason.

When my loneliness subsides I’m once again given the chance to feel the bewilderment at what a beautiful place we now live in. Amazed that I can pop down the end of the street to a quiet, almost untouched beach… Swim in the ocean, and breath in fresh sea air that’s travelled miles over distant oceans. I just can’t believe it. It feels like a reward somehow.

SubmissionAcceptanceThen this morning I woke to find an email… I’m not one to count my chickens before they’re hatched, so I’m not saying too much right now… but let’s just say this morning started with much excited/astounded gasping and leaping.

You know how much of a self-help cynic I am… well, a-hem, I’m starting to warm to this theory of gratitude… express thanks for what you have, and you’re offered something more in return.

At least that’s kind of what I think is happening. Either way, today I feel really good, and that’s a great thing to be able to say no matter who you are or where you’re from.

No comments: