flossy-p home

Sunday, April 13, 2008

6 for dinner

This is: "my perfect dinner party guest list"
You are of course hosting this dinner party with your significant other and you can invite 6 other guests.. All we would love to see is your choice (images please) and your reason why you chose that particular person.
This week's "this is" meme theme was thought up by Lily and Agathe.

This one is hard, like one of those scary job interview questions that reveal more about your psyche than you realise. Oh, it's hard, I don't know...

I can't just list my friends from Sydney can I? I really miss them all, and each weekend all I really want to do is to be able to sit around a table with them all, laughing and hanging out.

Oh! What about blog friends I've never met before? That'd be fun...

No? Okay... Um...

Alright, here we go...

To Dinner

Starting from the left:
1. An attentive Johnny Depp. Notice my seat is empty at the head of the table as I'm taking the photo, but quite clearly I'd be sitting next to him.
2. David Bowie would be invited because I've always loved his music, I think he's an innovator, he's constantly pushing his artistic boundaries even now, and he seems down to earth with a good sense of humour, and likes to laugh.
3. Another Johnny Depp. Hey! It's my party I can invite who I like! Okay!? I was going to invite him all 6 times, but decided that would be too telling.
4. Frida Kahlo (standing up at the back). She's coming because she's awsome. I'd like to pick her brain about her art processes, oh, and also borrow her clothes :)
5. Elvis is there for Mr You (who's currently popped inside to get some more glasses). We like him because he's cheeky, funny, and sounds nice.
6. Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeah's... um, well I just think she can turn any situation into the best fun time ever. So obviously she'd be a great dinner guest to keep the vibe fun and entertaining.

And you'll notice we're having bread and cheese and olives and salad with red wine and maybe some rosé too... We have to, that's just what you do when you're dining outside under a grape vine at a villa in Tuscany!

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Mmmmm two Johnny Depps yum yum yum

Anastasia said...

haha Johnny is at my dinner party too!! some deep conversations and good food - what more do you need!

M.L. said...

I only have one Johnny Depp at my dinner party (I've noticed that he's a popular guest), but TWO Johnny Depps? BRILLIANT!!!

Jacinta said...

Ha! I love your dinner guests. Maybe I could slip in unnoticed and squeeze in between Johnny 2 and Elvis. You'll barely notice me, I promise.
My dinner party is yet to be held... hopefully this week sometime!

Sally said...

LOL. I love Johnny Depp too. You can invite him as many times as you please :)

Anonymous said...

love it.
Oh Johnny, he would be so great to have over. thanks for sharing.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohh.. Johnny 6 times! Why didn't I think of that! I had also thought of just inviting my friends from Oz that I really miss.

I just love the image you put up! Really well done.

Marta Spendowska said...

I would love to sit between Johnny and David Bowie looking at Karen;-) while I ma eating my salad;-)