flossy-p home

Monday, April 07, 2008

how to party like you're 5 years old

Lego Cake Yesterday was Mr You's birthday, and now that we live and hour and a half drive away from his family, we were able to invite them for a party. It was a beautiful sunny day, despite the predictions of rain, which was great for our garden party plans. We had a BBQ in the back yard with chairs for the adults, and a big rug of toys for all of Mr You's nephews and niece. We played pass the parcel, and musical chairs. There were balloons and party blowers, along with waaay too much sugar. It was FUN!

This was my first attempt at a real birthday cake, isn't it cute? I got the idea here. And as we passed out the slices, I issued a warning that I was to be held in no way responsible for any seizures caused by the colouring. I think everyone escaped unharmed... Although today we got a text message from Mr You's sister letting us know that his niece has just done her very first smurf-blue poo! I'm so proud. :) I can't wait till his Nan passes the yellow block!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cake!

I made a blue whale cake once and I swear the food dye tainted my sons poops for at least 3 days. But hey, what fun would a party be without a bit of glaring bright frosting on the cake.

Anonymous said...

I made a cake that looked like a bright blue fish once. We try to stay away from food coloring these days, but hey its only once a year! Why not have some fun with "Yellow No. 5" & "Blue Lake". :) Glad the weather turned out nice for your party.

Sally said...

LOL - that is hilarious. I love those cakes, what a great idea! And how did you get the colours so vibrant??

flossy-p said...

With criminal amounts of food colouring! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic idea, but the colors -- WHOAAA!