flossy-p home

Saturday, April 05, 2008

jewellery box

JewelleryBoxThis is: "my knack knick/jewellery box."

It's a plain rectangular shape, it's all wooden, and it's pretty understated... apart from the Morris-like carving that is.
It was a gift from my friend Elle back when I was a teenager. I've kept it on my dresser as my jewellery box ever since...
I still love it.

7 comments:

Two Peas In a Pod said...

The carving is stunning. Great jewellery box!
Kyla

Anastasia said...

its so beautiful - lovely detail in that carving!!

CurlyPops said...

The carved wood is beautiful. I have a similar type of box in a larger size. The older they get, the better they look too!

Bec said...

Oh, what a gorgeous jewellery box - and that blue bottle in the background is beautiful too!

Jacinta said...

I love the box. I have something similar, but it is round. So nice that you still have a gift from your teenaged years!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Such a beautiful box with lovely carving.. A strange comment maybe.. but it looks like it would have a lovely smell...

Maureen Reynolds said...

Yes, that does look like the kind of wood with a great scent...teak or sandlewood. I too love cobalt glass.