flossy-p home

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

half done fern girl

Fern Girl"What I'm making this week, holding it up under a lamp to get enough light, Wednesday"

Here's another painting for the exhibition.

The sneak-peeks are getting bigger and bigger as we go along; this is pretty much the whole work. With this one though, I'm not sure if it's finished or not yet. I don't know if I should work it in a bit more, or keep it loose and light.

I'll live with it for a bit and see how it goes.

4 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

A beautiful piece! I love that fern curl in her hair, it's very regal. And the fern detail in her hair really brings it all together.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I haven't made any of those dolls yet, but bought a kit when I was there to play with one day. I make other Japanese paper dolls, but they're a little different.

Anastasia said...

its lovely! nice to see your inspiration come alive...i loved the pics from your outdoor space!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I love seeing each of these as you progress. They are awesome.

Mary-Laure said...

What an amazing work! I love it.