flossy-p home

Friday, August 01, 2008

crossing the meme beam

On Tuesday I was separately tagged by Alexandra and Jesska with the very same meme!

Egon warned the other Ghostbusters that crossing the Proton Beams may cause "total protonic reversal" which is apparently very bad... Turns out it was the only was they were able to vanquish the giant Marshmallow Man in the end. Huh! Interesting.

So, with that litmus test done, I guess my being simultaneously caught by the crossing of two Meme Beam's won't necessarily end in disaster right?... Maybe I'll let you be the judge of that.

------------

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
------------

6 Random Things About Me (I'm not doing 12)

1. I'm allergic to canaries

2. While face-painting at a fair once, a little boy asked me to paint his face like the back of a bus. I did, he was thrilled, his parents looked embarrassed. Be careful what you say around your kids people :)

3. My naturopath step-mother used to give me carob easter eggs. As a kid that was pretty devastating. But now I'm completely addicted to carob and would love to have all those eggs given to me these days :)

4. Following on from the previous point, I'm not into carob because I'm healthy - ho ho ho, no sir. It's only because I don't have a sweet tooth. I love dark chocolate and cake, but I can't bear to eat lollies or sugar filled chocolate. They're way too sweet for me.

5. Both my Dad and my Sister can raise one eyebrow. I cannot. I've taken photo's of myself when I thought I was doing it, only to see that my face looked normal, if not a little constipated.

6. Mr You claims I have lesbian seagull arms. No, I don't know what this means either (apparently it's a reference to a song). I just assume he means that they like each other very much and can sniff out a hot chip from miles off. As far as arms go, I'd say those are pretty handy traits for them to have. (no pun intended).

----------------------

Six people I am tagging:
- Victoria
- Anastasia
- Hila
- girl ferment
- Melanie
- Esti

(I've tried to choose people I haven't tagged with this meme before, so apologies if you have been).

----------------------

Thanks Alexandra and Jesska! :D

14 comments:

Hila said...

Thanks for tagging me, I haven't done this one before :)
I'll get to it sometime next week - have a great weekend!

.girl ferment. said...

thanks for the tag.
I love carob too, even as a kid.
our canteen used to sell carob buds and we ate them by the truck load.
xx

CurlyPops said...

Hmmmm I'm trying to picture what lesbian seagull arms look like....

Unknown said...

I can't do the eyebrow thing either! I've tried and tried, mine just don't go there.

Willie Baronet said...

1. Thank you for not tagging me.

2. I just mailed you a canary.

3. Can't believe I'm not on your list of imaginary friends. I am so imaginary nice.

4. 4 is my lucky number.

flossy-p said...

Willie: I imagine you are very nice :)

Don't be offended, my link lists are sooooo out of date, and very much in need of updating! Just imagine yourself in there for the time being ;)


CurlyPops: Despite the stereotypes, they don't wear birkenstocks.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Ha! So many great points! I love that you're allergic to canaries.. Well you probably don't - but how did you discover this??!

Poor little guy being the back of the bus.. At least he was happy, and at least you complied.

This made me laugh - thanks!

Esti said...

Hi! I'll play along soon. Thanks

Jacinta said...

For the life of me, I can't raise one eyebrow either. I have a friend who has it down to a fine art and it drives me crazy!

Katie said...

OMG I am in hysterics, you crack me up. Thankyou for the giggle!

Anastasia said...

thanks for tagging me !! had to laugh at the back of the bus kid - thats cool!!
I wish i had that problem with sweets! i have my moments...sometimes I just need, want, crave sugar other times im not so fussed...
what are lesbian seagull arms?? pls explain haha?

Victoria said...

Thanks for the tag. It is intriguing that you are alergic to canaries and only canaries, well, at least it's not cats. I would love to be able to raise one eyebrow..

Sally said...

This is hilarious. I am laughing out loud at number 5. Oh, and I'm with you on the dark chocolate and cake. Forget about the lollies. Ick.
I've never heard of lesbian seagull arms, but I'm gonna have to agree with your assumption. You should definitely take that as a compliment!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

That it too funny about lifting your eyebrow. I cant do it either my hubby makes fun of me. I cant even make my eyes go cross eyed. I try and try the hubby tries and tries...and then we laugh at me for not being able to do this.
Thanks for the nice chuckle :)
Hope you are doing well.
Kyla