flossy-p home

Friday, August 08, 2008

for no particular reason

Parcel

Last week the loveliest thing happened. I received a "for no particular reason" parcel!

On the same day that I mentioned my friend's new etsy shop here, she sent me a parcel. We must have been thinking of each other at the same time, arrrr :)

Anyway, it was a great surprise to get the parcel in the first place, but then it was SO beautiful I could hardly bare it. The parcel itself was wrapped in a vintage Italian Ballet poster. I honestly couldn't bring myself to open it, it was just too pretty. But then when Mr You lunged excitedly towards it with a pair of scissors I had to quickly rescue it, and open it carefully before he did any major damage.

Inside I found an intriguing looking book (The Book of Lost Things) with a beautiful embossed cover, and the most gorgeous summer dress. It's white and lemon coloured candy-striped cotton seersucker fabric, with pin-tucks, pockets and spaghetti straps, overall looking very pretty, elegant and vintage. It fits like a glove and I can't wait for Summer so I can flounce about in it :)

I still don't know why I was so lucky, but it made me very happy all the same.
Don't you just think friends are one of the top five things in life?

Anyway, just for that I'm going to plug her shop again. It's called a small ferret, and if it's anything like my parcel, a purchase would be worth it for the packaging alone!

10 comments:

Kate Moore said...

Gorgeous stuff. Tell us more. What is The Book of Lost Things. Is it old, like it looks? What's in it? And that dress is lovely.

Jenny Bean said...

What a treasure!
You are definitely lucky to have such wonderful friends.

Jenny said...

What a lucky duck! Friends are very special indeed-you certainly have a lovely and generous one!

Geek+Nerd said...

Holy goodness - I almost can't take the combination of the ballet poster and that dress. I feel faint! What a lucky ducky you are!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Wow what a beautiful gift. That book is intriguing - the dress is stellar!!

flossy-p said...

Katie: While every effort seems to have been made to make the book look old, it's a 2006 publication. I haven't started reading it yet, but my friend tells me it's "a kind of Brother Grimm type tale for adults". Inside it's a novel.

Jennifer & Jenny: Thanks, I know!

Sarah: Now you know how I felt! I too felt faint. It's too much goodness to bare isn't it?

Potty Mama: The dress is amazing. It makes me feel very chic. Thanks for your kudos!

Anastasia said...

what a gorgeous 'happy' dress!!! gotta love nice mail - lucky you!

Jacinta said...

Gorgeous! Great friends, summer dresses and unexpected parcels in the post. What a day!

Rayne said...

Mr. You sounds like my Scotty. Every time I get a beautiful package from someone I want to admire it and figure out the best way to open it without damaging. I want to savor the moment. Leave it on the table for a bit and wonder. He wants to go at it with scissors and knives and totally doesn't understand why I want to be more delicate about it.

Two Peas In a Pod said...

I love "for no particular reason" what a great idea. Getting stuff out of the blue is the best :)
Cheers Kyla