flossy-p home

Friday, August 15, 2008

singing it from the treetops

My PikaPackage Stuff

I've mentioned PikaPackage before, when I got one of my own, but this time I've got even more to say...

For those of you who don't know, a PikaPackage (a brian child of Amy from Pikaland) is a monthly collection of goodies from illustrators and artists, all shuffled around, and bundled up into lucky dip packages for people like you and I to have and adore. I've sent in a bunch of stuff for the August PikaPackage, including giclee prints (large and small), postcards, encouragement card sets (more on those soon), and keyrings. Amy has written up a really lovely summary about my stuff here.

But don't worry about that, check out all the other amazing contributors this month!!!! (I've got my eye on that zine by Julia Pott).

Doesn't it all look so amazing?! Interested? Well, it just so happens that the August PikaPackage will be launched next week, and you'll be able to get one here. If you join the Pikaland mailing list or leave a comment before then you could be in the running to win one for free!

Not only is the actual PikaPackage wonderful, but the idea is great too. I have discovered so many new illustrators via both it and Pikaland in general. So, I'm not afraid to say it...
I love Pikaland! (singing it from the treetops)

_ _ _ _ _

In other news, all my paintings and 4 years supply of bubble wrap, are now officially "shipped"! (singing it from the treetops)
Next is the anxious wait to hear that it has all arrived safely at the other end.

Also a HUGE thank-you to Mr You for constructing the most crush-proof box ever!
THANK-YOU! (singing that from the treetops too!)

And next, I climb down out of the tree, clear my throat and go to bed before midnight. And also catch-up, in general, on lots of stuff. :D

6 comments:

Rayne said...

That PikaPackage looks like the best thing ever!
I am so glad you have everything wrapped up and you can once again join the land of the living.
Until the next project comes along, that is.

Meg said...

I love Pika, and that package looks amazing. Congrats on getting your work shipped out!

Geek+Nerd said...

Ooh, I had never heard of Pika before. That's a super cool concept!

Bec said...

How great is Pikaland???? Even the name itself is great :) Thanks for introducing me to it!!!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Wow that looks fantastic, am heading over there now to check it out - thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

I have signed up!
And.. I'm heading back over there to check out all the links to the fabulous artists who contribute. How awesome is Pikaland!
Thankyou soooo much. xox