This is: my trade secret.
Well it appears my trade secret is to do everything a day late these days... :) (not intentionally of course).
Gosh, I really don't think I have any trade secrets... here's a few facts:
1. I use a mechanical pencil to draw my illos. I say mechanical pencil, but it's actually a pacer pencil beloved since the late 80's.
2. I use watercolour paints from a tube, and then leave them to dry on my pallets so I can add water and recreate the same colours easily again later on.
3. I never stretch my watercolour paper before painting on it. I'm way too impatient. I spray the back of the paper with a fine mist of water after I've finished the painting, and then press in between layers of a bedsheet, under a very heavy board for 4 days. It works a treat! (Note this only works on good quality cotton-rag paper).
Oh, and a really great tip I picked up off someone else's blog a while back (sorry I can't remember who's tip it originally was), is to use the slim slivers of nearly used up soap bars as tailor's chalk. It gives super sharp lines, slides along a ruler beautifully, washes out, and makes your fabric smell lovely! Try it! I know you'll like it ;)
_ _ _ _ _
Sorry for the late, un-pretty post. I've had a bad day which required neurofen early on, climaxed with a full cup of tea having an intimate meeting with my computer keyboard, followed by all sorts of malfunction and hurried replacements to attempt to get all my work done in time. Then there was a mega head-bang on the freezer door (not the Metallica kind), followed by a lump, and more pills, a phone call from my mum to tell me she's decided not to come and visit after all, and tears of stress at how much stuff I have to get done in the little time that the next two weeks holds. Phew.
Tomorrow will be SO much better. Right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










11 comments:
The only way is up, baby. Hope tomorrow is extra good to you. x
Hey Flos, Tomorrow is always better but at least your still making light of all the craziness. Some day's are just like that! Love your tips...as I have been broaching the idea of dabbling in water colour again...something I dabble in and then put aside..Hope tomorrow is a fantastic day! Lil x
Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear (well read) about your rotten day! Big cuddles to you today! I'm sure tomorrow will be much better.
Thanks for the tips too!
thank you for sharing your secrets; and yes, tomorrow will be so much better!
that soap tip is great, I was just looking for my chailk last night.
Great tips... The watercolour ones may one day come in handy, and I think the soap tailor's chalk is a real winner.
Hope you are feeling better and today is better than yesterday!
Right! much better. I guarantee it. :-)
some good arty tips there!!
i hope you're feeling better...ive had a few killer headaches the past couple of days, i hope im not coming down with something!
thanks for tagging me - Ive done my 6 things post!
Great tip. Hope the lumps and bumps are all gone, the keyboard works and things look better in this rather dim day's daylight.
Never too late for good advice!
Thank-you all for your support and sympathy. My "tomorrow" did turn out better. Not altogether great, but much better all the same.
Thanks :)
Post a Comment