flossy-p home

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

smokin in a good way

We had a good day here yesterday. Both Mr You and I were on fire... not literally, we're talking high productivity people, getting so much done we were smokin! Friction. I'm doing the final assembly and packaging of a commissioned painting today, and yesterday it all just came together. You know that feeling when you've been working on something for so long, then at the last moment it all falls into place? Accomplishment, satisfaction and a good dose of relief.

FloppyShoeI can't say anything at this stage about the work, as I don't want to spoil any surprises for anyone (although I'm sure you know who you are, wink wink), but this here is a teeny-weeny sneak peek. Sometimes there are tiny bits of a painting that just sum up what I was trying to get at so perfectly. And without tooting my own horn, I wanted to show you this floppy shoe. I'm very happy with this floppy shoe, in fact, I may even love this floppy shoe.

I don't know how it happens, but sometimes one tiny element like this can set the tone of a whole piece. Clever little shoe.

Meanwhile down the hall, in his little office, Mr You spent yesterday making the most awesome thing ever! And it's for my blog! He has been mixing together maths, physics, code, and onscreen animation to create the most amazing random-winner-selector for my giveaway. It'll be here on-screen tomorrow night, so come back to see it in action and find out who the winner is.

As my friend's little girl says, "I'm a bit cited!"

12 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

I love that feeling when it comes together, and I can't wait to see more. For now, I'm enjoying a little glimpse floppy from flossy.

Shellbells said...

waiting with baited breath....

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I can't wait. Love that floppy shoe too. Look forward to seeing the complete piece.

Katie said...

I think just that little part of the painting is a work of art in itself. I always sit an flip flop my shoe like that and the fact that it's red made me fall in love immediately!

Jacinta said...

Sounds like you have been super busy and productive. Well done! I love days like that.

As for the Thanksgiving giveaway... I'm a bit cited too and all my fingers and toes are crossed. See you tomorrow.

Jenny said...

Glad you've been getting lots done and enjoying that rewarding feeling.

Renee said...

EXCITED.

I am not kidding I opened the blog and saw the little show and was oh my god I love that little show I wonder if I could copy it.

Wink Wink.

Love Renee

Renee said...

Didn't realize that shoe was spelt show....

Subliminal for can't wait to see the picture.

xxoxo

Renee said...

I am back a few hours later because I had to look at that foot and shoe.

I just wanted to tell you that one of my daughter's Angelique does that all the time. Isn't that funny.

wink wink

Cindy said...

So glad that you are feeling like you are all coming together, The journey sounds like a good one.
PS> I would love if you would design us a button for eye spy, a little bnit honoured actually!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Ooh yes, I can see why you'd love that shoe - I love it too. Beautiful.

Emerald Arts said...

Best feeling in the world, top work tiger ;)