flossy-p home

Thursday, December 11, 2008

aquamarine

Late last night something special happened.

The air charged with electricity from a recently passed storm, the sky still flashing dramatically in the distance.

A quiet lull in sound and breeze, air fresh and clean.

A moonlit beach.

Waves gentle and slow.

Wet sand under foot… then under bended knee

Sweet and passionate words

Giggles tears nods kisses hugs expletives and this…

aquamarine


eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

- - -

We haven't told any family or friends yet. I'd like to keep it just between us for a while, to extend the private moment, at least for a few days, maybe even a week. I'll see how long I can hold out for. I'm absolutely dying to tell, which is the reason for this post. I had to tell someone. :)

- - -

I could say soooo much more about the night and the ring, but for now I'll keep it brief. I did want to say that Mr You chose the ring all by himself, I had no idea. And although it looks big in that picture, it's actually tiny and delicate. I adore it!

46 comments:

Kate Moore said...

Congratulations. I don't know you in real life but still feel like joining in the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee moment. Oh so happy for you. I love happy news.

Ylana said...

WOWEE!! CONGRATULATIONS Flossy! Mr You did a grat job at choosing the ring too, its gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's so exciting, and your ring is absolutely beautiful! "EEeeeeeee!!" from me, too.

CurlyPops said...

Eeeeeeeee infinty! Congrats to you and Mr You. That's fantastic news!

Sarah-Jo said...

love is in the air, I too got a proposal of sorts tonight my 4yr old announced he was going to marry me one day
um yeah anyways hahahaa

the ring is lovely and matches your blog ha!
what a perfectly romantic post!
Congrats to you both :)

Katie said...

yay yay yay yay yay

so happy for you!!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh, how wonderful. I'm sending smiles all the way up the coast to you and Mr You. Congrats flossy-p and thanks for telling us.

Shauna said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOODNESS!!!

So happy for you :) Congratulations :)

Shellbells said...

soooo exciting..am very happy for you..nothing better than finding that special something...especially someone who can pic a fab ring out for you!!!

Kirsty said...

Congratulations - such fabulous news!

toiletrollart said...

WOW - huge congratulations! Clearly the Mr has impeccable taste...

Anna Lloyd said...

Congratulations! Beautiful ring!

Geek+Nerd said...

Ahhhhhh! Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you! Your ring is so pretty too. Good job Mr You :)

Renee said...

And happy shivers from me. Well done Mr. You.

CONGRATULATIONS

How very exciting.

'A happy marriage is but an earlier heaven.'

Love Renee xoxoxoxo

Renee said...

p.s. The ring is beautiful. xoxoo

Katrina Jackson said...

OH!!!! Congratulations! I am simply thrilled for you!

Allison said...

eeeeeiaaa! big huge hugs to the both of you! and an extra pat on the back for Mr. You for picking out that gorgeous ring all by himself!! happiness happiness!

Meg said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I just got engaged a few weeks ago, it is such a lovely time.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Congratulations!!!! How very exciting!

Regina said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous!

Pretty Ditty said...

Congratulations! It is beautiful.

Kat said...

Congratulations! How very exciting. That ring is gorgeous too.

Jenny Bean said...

Any man who can pick out a gorgeous cabochon setting is top notch with me!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congrats...

edward and lilly said...

Oh wow! Congratulations! I just love the ring, is it white gold? It's just gorgeous.

Megan.K. said...

Wow - Congratulations, how romantic!Beautiful ring :)

lil kim said...

yaaaayyyy!!! Congrats flossy!!! sounds like a magical evening. Glad you told 'somebody' :-)

Esti said...

Congratulations!!
I wish that magic will last you forever!
:)

Anonymous said...

oh wow! congratulations! how wonderful.
i always love your blog and have given you an award on mine. come see and pass it along if you'd like (i know you may be too busy and excited)
xx
chloe

laura said...

Wow wow wow!!! It's gorgeous, congratulations!

And it sounds like he chose the perfect time too.

Erin said...

oh how lovely! I am so happy for you!! congratulations! I wish both of you health, happiness, and a lifetime of joy!

Bird Bath said...

oh how exciting!! Congratulations - I bet that night will be firmly etched in your memory for ever.
The ring is absolutely gorgeous.

Anastasia said...

oh WOW!!!! wow!! i missed it...Congratulations - im SO happy for you guys - how exciting!!gorgeous ring!

Michelle said...

Oh how absolutely wonderful!! Congratulations!!!! And that ring...OH MY GOLLY GOSH - it's stunning!!!!!

Liesl said...

What lovely news. Congratulations to you both! Mr You did very well with that beautiful sparkler.

Lilli boo said...

Congratulations, it's always gorgeous news to celebrate a beautiful proposal and a ring worthy not only as a keepsake but an heirloom! A wonderful way to end the year.....

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Wonderful, beautiful, goose bump news. I'm thrilled for you, and I only know you via the keyboard. Go Mr You. That ring is GORGEOUS. So beautiful.

Excellent.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful ring

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Congratulations!! That's fantastic news! I have goosebumps and a big smile on my face now!

muralimanohar said...

Wow! Congratulations! What amazing news!! :D

And Mr. You has *fantastic* taste! :D

.girl ferment. said...

congratulations, sounds so romatic.
he braved wet sand on his knees for you.

Abigail said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And that ring is so very lovely to boot :-)

Jenny said...

Oi! I've missed out on all the excitement! Just finally catching up with the blogging world and I read your wonderful news! How exciting and how special is that ring? It is just beautiful! Glad all is going splendidly for you. Congratulations!

paintandink said...

What an absolutely beautiful ring - so romantic. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh oh! I totally missed this, and it's just so beautiful! Congrats dear flossy, and may all all the joy in the world be yours (and mr. flossy too!)

I'm almost shedding a tear as I read this!

x
Amy

Anonymous said...

I missed this post, congratulations indeed are in order! Glad to got your ring back that you mentioned in a later post.