flossy-p home

Monday, January 26, 2009

something beginning with j

EyeSpySunday_Bttn"Eye Spy something beginning with J"
(This week's theme by Lauren)

I searched high and I searched low, and I've come to the conclusion we live in a J-free zone (how odd). So I've defaulted to flashing about some jewellery for this week's eye-spy. Conveniently they are all things I've been meaning to "show and tell" for a while now anyhow...

Beginning With J

That first little rabbit brooch is something I splurged on at the Finders Keepers artist markets. He is "Made by White", and suitably Mexican in influence to make me quite gleeful.

The middle pic is the awesome multi-layered, ultra-compartmentalized, (with hooks for hanging too) jewellery box Mr You got me for Christmas! No more tangled crushed clumps of chains, beads and hooks for me. No Sir-ee!

The other week after the too-short haircut I mentioned, I cheered myself up by making a pair of earrings to compliment my new hairstyle. These are those. Tiny emerald coloured flowers. Sw-eet, I can almost hear the butterflies flapping past and the birds singing merrily.

And yesterday I picked up this little bouquet of glass leaf beads. In some form or another, they'll be next to move into the fancy palace of a jewellery box!

Glass Leaf Beads

13 comments:

Liesl said...

Lovely Js, especially the bunny. He is wonderful!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Gorgeous pieces and I'm drooling over that jewellery box!

Anastasia said...

nice!! the leaves are gorgeous...slick jewellrey (never know if I spell that correctly?!)box, everything looks so organised!

zofia said...

love the bunny, but the greens always get me- your little flowers are beautiful as are the leaves

Renee said...

You seriously have the best personality. Uplifting and every time I come here I want to try to be happier.

xoxo

Love Renee

Cindy said...

I love a bit of jewel flashing so I am all fo sharing those lovely ones. I love the organising too.

Katrina Jackson said...

I LOVE those leaves!

Lauren said...

I love the bunny...I've had my eye on the teapot brooch from made by white. Thanks for sharing :-)

muralimanohar said...

Ooh..those leaves are awesome! And the way you attached those flowers is too cool. :D

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Great eye treasures.....

BTW, I've tagged you today. Come by soon and see on my Eight is Enough posting.

Jade said...

I love the bunny - that is very cool! And those earings are very cute :D Thanks for sharing your 'j's

Anonymous said...

here is a J

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oooh such gorgeous jewels..! I need one of those jewellery boxes - fantastic!