flossy-p home

Monday, January 19, 2009

tastes of summer

EyeSpySunday_Bttn"Eye Spy a taste of Summer"
(This week's theme by Anastasia C)

Summer food is yummy. Lots of fresh crispy salads, ripe juicy tropical fruits, and fresh straight from the sea seafood!

TastesOfSummer

My eye-spy Sunday has been slipping to Monday. But my excuse for this week is a good one... Yesterday was spent on an engagement ring retrieval mission. Happy to report the mission was a complete success. Ring is back securely on my finger. Phee-ew!

Mum and my step-dad drove north, we drove south, and we met in the middle. We moseyed around the town together, and had lunch by the river. It was a really nice way to spend a Sunday actually. And the best part, was when mum pulled a ring box out of her bag, opened it up, and I got to see my ring for the first time all over agin. I'd almost forgotten how pretty it is. Almost! :)

11 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

phew!!! got the ring back! Thankgod for that! back where it belongs!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It sounds like a lovely retrieval mission.

I love your taste of summer. Delicious.

Jenny said...

Lovely colourful summer food-yummy! Glad you and your ring are reunited and you had a nice time doing so-enjoy your week:)

Katrina Jackson said...

Oh! How I wish it was summer here! How wonderful you got your ring back!

Jodi said...

glad it's back on your finger - safe and adored!

Geek+Nerd said...

Oooh, I'm jealous! Everything looks so tasty. Terrible Eye-Spy topic for me...We're covered in about three feet of snow here! Maybe I should change it to: "Eye-Spy Distant Memories of Summer" hahaha.

Oh and thanks for the oh F$%K comment. Yup. That about sums up all of last week!

Renee said...

Well, I for one am glad that ring is back where it belongs.

That food looks delicious to me, especially that colourful plate of fruit.

Peace

Renee

Anonymous said...

Mm, that all looks so delicious! All these summer posts are killing me as I look out at our piles of snow! ^_^

Kirsty said...

Apart from the food (which looks delicious), I think that your ring retrieval mission sounds gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

couldn't think of anything worse than such a beautiful ring being lost to the depths of Neverland... :)
Glad to hear it's back where it belongs!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a lovely Sunday! Glad you got your ring back!