flossy-p home

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

supercute is my new favourite phrase

What comes with losing your job is much fantasizing about a dream job, moping around the house eating too many cookies, bouts of un-explained (and never before attempted) housework, to-do lists popping up on the walls like chicken pox on an itchy child, spurts of energy to grow your business into a booming empire, followed by a cranky and ravenous mission to retrieve money that's owed to you, and an ever-keen eye for a good bargain and general cost-cutting.

Exhibit A:

YoYo Shirt

START WITH: Sweet but kinda boring new t-shirt nabbed for a measly $5
ADD: First attempt at homemade yo-yo's (thanks to a helpful tutorial by Heather Bailey)
PLUS: Post-wedding hair chop-off
ENDS WITH: Super-cute new top on somewhat cheered-up chick.


P.S. Tomorrow I plan to announce something exciting. Something that happens here this time each year. Something I think you might like. :)

12 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

oh my goodness, is it the annual giveaway again already. oh, I can't wait.

Love the gorgeous tshirt upstyling.

CurlyPops said...

Now that's definitely Supercute!
Do we get to see the new hairdo?

Jenny said...

very supercute t shirt and a new hair do does wonders

Geek+Nerd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geek+Nerd said...

Ooooh, it's giveaway time again! Maybe I'll get lucky this year! I love love love the colors in your t-shirt. Too cheery and cute!

Regina said...

I love your super cute shirt. The yo-yos are a very nice addition.

I know what time of the year it is. How exciting!!

Katrina Jackson said...

Very cute shirt! I wish I was that creative! I should send you all my boring T-shirts. :) I hope you have luck finding a new day job soon.

Oh, and I'm so excited about what happens this time of year!!!!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

...a nd it looked lovely on as did the new 'do.

You have inspired me with the yoyos. I made some last night... why did I think they were difficult???

Renee said...

Flossy-P your writing is supercute.

xoxoxo

Two Love Beans said...

I while back i purchased two different sized yo-yo makers! And used them on hairpins with a button very cute. I like your big sized one mine are small i should have bought a bigger one or i should just try doing it myself huh? Love all your honeymoon piccy's very beautiful!!

Sam said...

Very nicely done - super cute for sure!! :)

Gina said...

Gorgeous. Everything I've tried with yoyos has looked very naff but you've made them look funky! Nice fabric choices.