flossy-p home

Monday, January 18, 2010

cheer week: moss

Cheer ButtonSUNDAY:

Wrapping up this week of cheer with...

- Making new friends
- Watching our kitty nod her whole head to watch her ball bounce, rather than just her eyes. Actually dogs do this too and it's just all kinds of good.
- Being sent this incredible sand art performance.

And finally, discovering my newest obsession, moss graffiti. You see I've secretly always ALWAYS wanted to be a graf artist, but deep down I'm such a goodie-two-shoes I could just never bring myself to be that daring. But this may be the perfect solution!

Mosstika (aka Edina Tokodi) seems to be the queen when it comes to moss graf. I bow down to her; bow down on my soft-moss supported knees.

DumboMossByMosstika

cockByMOSSTIKA


And check out Abe's (aka Anna Garforth's) amazing work too. She works with Eleanor Stevens, and what they do is stunning, poetic and, well, mossy. She also does wondiferous things with leaves.

ByAnnaGarforth


There are recipes online of how to make up your moss paint too. You make up this concoction, then paint it on a wall, water it now and then to keep it moist and wait for it to grow. If we ever buy our own home I am gonna moss that place up BIG TIME!

So so so good! Big big big smile! Much much cheer!

8 comments:

Geek+Nerd said...

I saw a recipe for moss paint on the Martha Stewart show this past summer. Cool stuff, and I love the examples of it that you've shown here. I followed the link to that sand art, and WOW, that was totally amazing. I was very, very impressed.

On another note, would you mind if I grabbed the image of my hubby that you drew and blogged about it? I think it's too cool for school :) xo!

Kate Moore said...

Yeah thanks for that. I mentioned it to my partner - the moss and lichen nerd - and searches for recipes and ingredients have started.
No dresses? What? And that'd have to be one big nana scarf ... could work though. ; )

Hila said...

Man that's some pretty graff! :)
I'm too much of a goodie two shoes to do it either.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That sand art piece is incredible. I loved it when I saw it.

Love the moss art. I'd love to see some of that sprouting up about the place.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Get Mossy with Flossy!!! I love it!!! We could have a moss party!!! We could do it on the bottom of the pizza oven!!!! OOOhhh I ma excited!!!!!

Pretty Ditty said...

Oh my! Why did you show me this? I now must try it =)

Katie Bleu Marie said...

Well then! Moss... Hmmmm I never would have thought of moss as an artistic median.... Strange, different, and I love how whimsical and playful it is.

muralimanohar said...

Moss paint?? OOoooh....the possibilities!! The climate here is PERFECT for something like that! Those are FANTASTIC! Great find! :D