flossy-p home

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a week of cheerful

I've been having a poo-stinky time over the past month or 2. I wrote a big venting post about it all, but didn't post it. WHY? Because I'm sick of feeling shitty, and the last thing I need is a reminder. I just want to feel happy.


So I hereby declare the rest of this week "CHEERFUL WEEK!".

For the rest of the week I'm challenging myself to post something everyday that makes me feel happy, cheerful or inspired.


Cheer ButtonMONDAY: Over the weekend I watched Elizabeth Gilbert's TED talk. Have you seen these? I highly recommend at the end of the day when you're winding down, and there's nothing but crap on TV, to watch one of these 20 min talks.

In her speech, Elizabeth Gilbert spoke about the nature of creativity, how we can become tortured by it, and ways people have learned to think of it differently, freeing themselves of the pressures associated with it.

It was so inspiring I LOVED IT!

Check it out : Elizabeth Gilbert, TED talk.


Cheer ButtonTUESDAY:
Today I found just the thing!

The prefect medicine by none other than the amazing Kerri Smith.

She has an Artists Survival Kit free to download. The intro paragraph had me crying out "YES", and the exercises had me intrigued and chuckling.

Artists Survival Kit


So if you're up for it, grab the button and join with me in this week of cheerful. :)
Let me know if you do and I'll link to you. Make a little cheery group of happy-happy-joy-joy.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh i like the idea of cheerful week! :)

Regina said...

Happy cheerful week.

I love TED. SO much amazing stuff to watch.

THanks for the kit link- going to go take a look...

Renee said...

How I love you dear one.

xoxox

Katrina Jackson said...

Hooray for a week of cheerful! :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

The artist survival guide is brilliant. But I strongly doibt you could ever do anything" shit"

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I'm so sorry to read that you're having a shitty old time. You can email me big vents if you like. We all need to get these things off our chest.

I'm having a hard time getting to the computer to post things at the moment so I may not be able to join in your cheerful posting. However, I want to just so I can post your beautiful button. It's so lovely and bring, and cheerful.

I love the look of that artist kit and the sound of the Elizabeth Gilbert talk. Ms L watches lots of TED talks.

Keep your chin up flossy-p and let your friends be there for you. Even your imaginary friends.