flossy-p home

Friday, April 02, 2010

five faves on a friday

A collection of five favourite things I've seen this week...
( Playing along with Pip )

1. Aether-Art
AetherArt

Discovering a dear friend of mine now has a blog! And it's a beautiful one too...


2. The SeaPelt
SeaPelt

When Mr You gave me a slanket for my birthday last year I thought it was the best thing ever. Surely the best in the category of lounge-wear! But ladies and gentlemen, I think The SEAPELT may give it a damn good run for it's money!!! (mostly because it's got FEET!!!) HOW GOOD ARE THEY!!????

(Found via Handmade Romance)


3. Popcorn Pincushion
KootooyosPopcornPincushion

There's a handmade pincushion swap circulating at the moment, and lots of crafty gals are out there sewing up some pincushion wonders. But when I spotted Kootoyoo's entry this week, I was blown away!!!! She even made pins to match!!!
I don't know, I haven't seen them all, and I know, I know, this type of thing isn't meant to be competitive in anyway... but surely hers pops the pants off the rest! C'mon!


4. Smart Move Tape
SmartMovingTape

Yup, we've started packing, and surely I don't have to remind you how seriously un-fun it is. Nevertheless, this smart move tape caught my eye this week. Every mundane task can be made more fun by some bright supplies! (a-hem, excuse the Martha-ness of that last sentence).


5. Walls, white or bright?
WhiteWalls

To keep myself motivated whilst packing, I'm dreaming of painting walls. I've been thinking of white. Clean white, warmed up by the pale wooden floors our new house has. Light, sunny, clean, open and airy.

But then I popped into Jan's house very quickly for the first time last weekend, and was enamoured by the bright colourful walls in her gorgeous house. Bold, saturated, fulfilling and arty.

Now I'm tossing up between white or bright...

Or maybe a bit of both...

YellowWalls

9 comments:

Hila said...

popcorn pincushion! I love it :)

Katrina Jackson said...

I love that you are already thinking of what to do with your new place. I wish I had thought of that before we went out and bought a couch that now makes it super difficult to choose a paint color. :) I love the popcorn pincushion and that Smart Move Tape could have been a lifesaver on my many moves!

Anna Lloyd said...

I like the combination of white and bright! I recommend Dulux Antique white USA for white, we're going that colour in gloss on all the skirtings, architraves and windows. I love it and it goes well with any other colour.

Jan Allsopp said...

Ha! Go bright! I'm glad you liked my house. I'll have to invite you in for a bit longer next time!
xxx

Lois said...

The tape is a really smart idea!
White walls with great art pieces is never a bad move to make.
Thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend.
Lois

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

That popcorn pincushion has been on mu mind all week I cannot get over how great it is! The sea pelt- hello mothers day!!!
You know I love the white wall look.

muralimanohar said...

I totally vote white walls..but I am biased; I live in a dark cave, with no options to lighten it up, so I just dream of swathing it in white paint. :p

Michelle said...

oh i love that last pic so much!

Studio Terra Yoga said...

Greeat read thanks