flossy-p home

Monday, June 07, 2010

girly graff

I mentioned last week how I got to do my first bit o' graffiti, as a backing for my works in a new show. Well the show opened on Friday night, and I had a great time meeting people and the other artists.

So here's my "piece", as pink and girly as it is ;)

My Piece

My "piece"

I pulled elements out of my paintings, and super-sized them.

MyPiece_Detail

Each of the artists in the show were encouraged to do their own wall enhancements...

Dave's Art + Ash's Piece

Hopefully I'll get another chance to do it again one day, and hopefully I'll get a bit better at it each time.


(P.S. Don't forget my Birthday Giveaway)

12 comments:

Cindy said...

I so love this! I reckon you could of graffiti-ed some beauty around town. You and your cans are welcome around here anytime - spray cans that is - all above board

lil kim said...

how awesome! looks great!!!!

Two Love Beans said...

Now i'm really upset i missed this show! It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Monique said...

What a great idea to enhance your work. It looks awesome!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Wow, that is truly amazing work! I love it!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That looks so fantastic flossy-p. I love it.

Katrina Jackson said...

Oh I LOVE it! If only the graffiti around town was as beautiful as this.

Anonymous said...

Super lovely! :)

Aether-art said...

Absolutely stunning! I love it how it's graffiti but it's seamlessly enmeshed with Flossy-P aesthetic! Congratulations on the show! I'll go to Bunnings now and buy you some more spray cans if you'll come and tag up my hood!

Kate Moore said...

What do you mean get better. Could you be any better? It's fantastic. Love it. I was flying by posts yesterday and it was an image that made me stop - clearly not long enough to leave a comment before now.
Still flying, must go.
Austar visitors. Oh no. I have Optus at the moment.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

LOVE it! i am going to see it in real life tommorrow. xx

Ali J said...

LOVE IT!

Seriously, what a cool exhibition.

Wish I had the guts to do some graffiti!! What was the exhibition called? Would love to find out some more about it /pics.