flossy-p home

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

i lick it alot

Cards_I Am BornMy mum is moving house in a few weeks, so she has been cleaning out all of her stuff, packing and sorting. Last week she gave me a box of things that she had saved from when I was little: a few baby outfits, school photo’s, report cards, certificates, etc. She also gave me a scrapbook of cards. She made one for both my sister and I, a scrapbook of all of the birthday cards each of us received as children.

Mine starts with all of the cards they received when I was born. I remember this book, I used to look through it each year as she was sticking a new year’s worth in. I remember the smell of the glue she used, and I remember counting the cards each year.

Cards_I Am 7It was my birthday yesterday, so it was funny looking through it again all these years (and years and years) later. Mum had made a neat heading page for each year, listing the date, my age, and where we lived at the time.

Cards_I Lick 7I think it was Mum’s intention to keep the cards up until we reached 5, but evidently after that I took over, and pages for the cards when I turned 6 and 7 go a little, um, let’s call it “free-form”. Apparently I was rather proud of turning 7!
It stops after that, so it was either so good being 7 that I no longer needed to record the years from then on, OR I was busy trying to learn how to spell.

I had a nice day yesterday, much quieter than the wild hootenanny last year. Notice I’m not mentioning my age this year, ah-hem…

In any case, lets hope I enjoy this year as much as I licked being 7. hee

11 comments:

Rayne said...

Happy Birthday!
I love this post.
Or, should I say, "I lick it very much"?
This is just so cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to you Flossy-p! I have to admit that quiet birthdays are my favourite - but then again, that may be my age - ha ha...Anyhoo, glad to hear you had a good day and all the best in the coming year!

leslie said...

so adorable! happy birthday to you.

Anonymous said...

Now that I'm at home and not at work I can see those adorable photos! I absolutely love it!

By the way, sorry to hear about the beeping!

Victoria said...

That is so cute. I love the scrapbook thing. Happy Birthday!

Diane Duda said...

Wonderful post! Happy __st birthday!

Anonymous said...

Don't kids say the funniest things!
Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I practically spit out my coffee laughing at this! Didn't your Mum ever tell you not to go around licking numbers? :)

Happy belated birthday sweetie!

Allison said...

awww. i missed it! i've been out of town and all in a muddle with a sick baby and a sparkly swimming pool calling my name and i stayed away from the internet so long that i missed it! phooey. well, happy happy birthday!!! i hope you licked it, so much. here's to the year ahead of you - another year of flossy - yay!

rania said...

Happy birthday to the fabulous flossy p! I hope you lick it! Yes yes I do I do! hehee.