flossy-p home

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

remember

Bedtime Story
Bedtime Story

This is another of my illustrations going to the eQuinox Gallery for the {un}Limited exhibition. The show opens this week, so if you're in the area (NH) be sure to stop by.
(This work is now available to buy online).

I've also entered this one for Illustration Friday this week; topic "remember".
Some people I've shown it to have interpretted this illo as nostalgic memories, and others have thought it was more about a fantasy. I'll let you be the judge.

(p.s. My Grandma's name was Rose, so I've put roses at this little lady's feet. It's not supposed to be my Grandma, it's just a little symbolism that I'm thinking of her... remembering, if you will).

16 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

Very lovely illustration and design!

Steve said...

What a fantastic illustration, this is a real clever take on remember. Well done, great work.

valerie walsh said...

i really love all the pieces you created for this show! Great and exceptional work!!!

Greg Hartman said...

Beautiful illo., it has such a nice flowing feeling to it. The characters are great too!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Such a nice, sensitive piece!

trudette said...

Great concept, very nice illo.

Susan Schwake said...

this is a beautiful piece - we have it now online ms. flossy!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

oh, how wonderful! love it dearly.

Pirusca said...

Very nice ilustration, I love the colors and the shapes!

imwithsully said...

Very nice work!

JO said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I love your work, you have such a unique and imaginative vision. Your work for the show is so impressive.

red-handed said...

This is very smile-inducing ...

Anonymous said...

Aww, VERY sweet! Lovely colors and flow to the illustration!

Michelle Lana said...

Wow...this is awesome work flossy p!

arvindh said...

Good one! congrats on the exhibition.

MiKa Art said...

wow, it's so beautiful! How imaginative you are!!