flossy-p home

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

a breath of fresh air

long beachWe just spent a wonderful long weekend 4hrs north in a costal town called Forster.
Elle and Kilkenny came with us, and we shared a lazy beachside weekend lolling about doing not very much at all.

We saw dolphins swim by everyday, and a lady at the lookout even pointed out some whales to us splashing about out off the coast (they were pretty far away, but it’s my first whale spotting, and I’m feeling pretty satisfied about that).



Within the first hour of being there we hit the local quilt and woodcraft fair, and then moseyed through a very cheap antique shop. We read books and listened to music and chatted and laughed.

We ate fish and chips and oysters and lobster, and drank cold beer. And despite the water still being pretty cold, it looked far too amazing to resist a swim. So we swam.
I forget that you don't have to go far to find breathtaking places, I need to remember that more often.

crunchy sandIt must seem like we are always going away on weekends away and holidays, and I guess we have been lately, but it’s not normally like this. I think it’s the Year of the Rooster – bringing promised disruption and change and breaking up routines. All this change seems to be in the air, lots of things moving on and reforming, and if it comes in the form of a lazy getaway, that’s just fine by me.

I’m actually thinking I might like to retire! (oh, if only. he he he).

(more photo's here)

No comments: