flossy-p home

Saturday, October 29, 2005

which witch

The entries for Penelope's Halloween 'draw a witch' contest are flooding in, amassing more cloaked folk in one place than Daigon Alley!

There are so many great witches, I am glad I’m not one of those poor judges. Having said that I’m sure most of the entries aren’t in it to win it, more just to partake in the fun, (plus the promise of a set of Penelope’s postcards for every one who enters is an enormous draw card – I got mine this week, so I’m set!). There are already 93 entries, and there are apparently a stack more to be loaded in.

If I were one of those poor judges my “highly commended” trophies would go to:
Number 67 (for cuteness)
Number 6 (for originality of witch and technique)
Number 7 (for collage loveliness)
Number 19 (I can’t tell if this is a Penelope one or not, but looks a bit like it to me)
Number 22 (this one can’t only come from one person – Lori Joy)
Number 24 (looks very Emily The Strange-ish)
Number 32 (Another fantastic Wynlen creation)
Number 48 (a little bit like the witch version of Fairy Beauty)
Number 56 (for all you stylish art deco lovers out there)
Number 79 (another cuteness winner)
And Number 81 (for a good laugh thinking of how funny it would be for the expressway of tourists dashing through the Louvre to be met with this instead).

My Silver trophies would go to:
Number 26
Number 34
And Number 58

DRUUMMMROLLLLLL
And the highly coveted Gold Trophy goes to:
Number 65!

Okay okay, my imaginary trophies don’t compare to one of Penelope’s prints, so good luck everyone. Fantastic effort all round!

No comments: