flossy-p home

Thursday, October 13, 2005

smitten and spill

SmittenAndSpill Oh Geeez. I must seem so ungrateful. Miss May sent me these TWO great CD's, Smitten and Spill, days ago and I haven't even displayed them yet. Getting new music is rockin' my world, especially when it's stuff like this that totally "tickles my fancy". The photo's don't do it justice, but the covers are hand painted pieces of art!

Thanks Miss May, I love them both, but I think today Smitten is my favourite. I was really surprised to find Bumblebeez on Spill, they are a relatively unknown local band from around my parts. It amazes me how some music travels and some doesn't, I can never pick it either.

It's funny, I made my mixed CDs with lots of local music on it to spread it far and wide across the seas, and I got an email back from Vanessa in NC USA telling me about a few of her favourite Australian bands, and she totally GAZUMPED me! I had to "google" them! But sure enough there were two bands from Melbourne I'd never heard of, that have Vanessa as one of their fans. I'll have to check them out next time they're in town.

1 comment:

J said...

ah thanks! it is funny how music spreads (it's who ya know). your cd is still in my disc changer and i'm still enjoying it! thanks again for sharing!