flossy-p home

Saturday, October 08, 2005

the clumsy and the quirky

Pink Pelican People seem to be just as curious about pelicans as I am. So while we're on the topic, I dug up this old photo I took when I was in Greece some years ago. (please excuse the terrible scan)

I'd never seen anything like it before, a pink pelican, with a yellow bill perhaps?

It was the same size and shape as a pelican, but it more closely resembled the result of a night of hanky-panky between a frisky pelican and an intoxicated flamingo!

The genes mustn't have melded too well though, as this critter lacked both the grace accustomed to pelicans and the elegance of a flamingo; it was clumsy and pretty manky too.

Samantha Denmark Card On a completely unrelated topic, check out this great illustrated card I got from the markets today. Chic and quirky: it will do perfectly for my friends birthday tomorrow.

The artist is Samantha Denmark, and you can find her at Glebe Markets in Sydney if you’re in the area.

1 comment:

flossy-p said...

Same place! I bet it's the same notorious bird too. How funny!