
One year later and the time has come for guilty quilt number two.
Earlier this year my friend Lacey-t, her husband and belly bump moved interstate to settle down and set up a new home in time for their first baby. Their adorable baby girl was born 7 and a half weeks ago. She has pretty red hair and will surely have a light sprinkle of cute freckles in no time.
Our group of friends all imagined that when the first one of us had a baby we'd all chip in with meal plans, housework visits, and baby minding so the mum could get some rest. We all feel very bad that we can’t be near them at this time to do all that stuff, and also to join in the joy. We get an occasional email from Lacey about how she’s coping with motherhood; the pride and wonderful abundance of love, but also the terrifying unsureness, the exhaustion and the isolation.
I wish we could be there, but right now we can’t, so instead I will sew. Boy Lordy will I sew! These swatches (above) will hopefully become a really cute baby patchwork blanket. Wish me luck. I’ll keep you posted.










No comments:
Post a Comment