flossy-p home

Thursday, December 08, 2005

the good, the bad, and the funny

The good? Today I saw that someone had a huge bunch of fresh green grapes hanging from their rear vision mirror in their car. Such a great idea, I’m always up for a snack.

The funny? Yesterday I walked past the huge Masonic temple building a few blocks from my work. Standing just outside the doorway was a man in a suit with his head buried in a book, furiously reading. As I walked past him I glanced at the book that had him so absorbed. Without a word of a lie the title of the book was “Masonites for dummies”!

Do you think he was on his way to an important meeting, or cramming for his entrance exam?

AND I thought the whole Masonic order was super top secret…

I’ve saved the bad until last.
The bad? Yesterday was so so hot, 40 C, which is about 104 F. One of those days when it’s so hot it feels like the liquid centres of your eyes are cooking like a boiled egg. After work I took myself off to Bronte beach for a swim. At 7:30pm the beach was still packed like it was the middle of the day, but the water was amazing. It was really cooling and cleansing and de-stressing, just the ticket really…Until…

Today Mr You sent me a link to a news report about a shark at Bronte and Bondi yesterday evening. And when I say shark, apparently it was about 4-5 meters long (that’s about 12-16 foot) and it’s fin stuck up out of the water about 1 meter (that’s 3 foot). Holy Crap!

I had no idea, and I certainly didn't hear anyone screaming like a monkey. (read the eyewitness accounts for a good laugh).

No comments: