flossy-p home

Saturday, September 09, 2006

dreamscape

Shoofys Painting

A while ago I had a crazy dream, Shoofly did a painting of it for me (for the swap we did), it arrived last week. Isn't it great?! I love it.
It's bigger and more dark and moody than her normal pieces, and the details are amazing; I love the spider in her hair and on her dress and the incredible Howls Moving Castle building in the background. But the coolest bit is that the girl even looks like me; big head, little body, blue-grey eyes and long hair with curls on the ends (the hair is even parted on the same side).
Anyway I'm so thrilled to have one of her pieces, it's beautiful and completely different to seeing it on a monitor.
Not only that, I also got a Polly print, a glass pendant and a colour-in book that Shoofly did for her job once! Such a fun package, many many thanks.

Last weekend's summer weather was short lived and we're back to pouring rain. We went to the Sydney Opera House on Saturday night to see Ben Folds play with the Sydney Symphony Ochestra. It was excellent, a bit strange at first but then they got used to each other by the second song and the rest was quite incredible.

Spent all day yesterday getting a start on sewing a new lot of bags. Rainy days aren't so bad when there are bags to be made.

4 comments:

Christine Lim said...

Rania's painting is beautiful.

You illo for Safe is so peacefully expressed. Love it.

islandarts said...

Wow, I'm so jealous- The painting is wonderful!
I wish I could see you close up, I just want to dive in.

Willie Baronet said...

So nice. :-)

rania said...

hey, i love what you've done to pick out the details and make the illustration look so dreamy!

Here is a link to an image of Howl's Moving Castle:
http://images.movie-gazette.com/albums/20050905/howls-moving-castle-04.jpg

I was only thinking about this in my head as I worked on painting your castle! It needed to be a fun castle vs a regular castle.

Glad you like it! I'm loving your bag! And I can't wait to see all the new bags you're working on!