What a comfy illustration. I love the colours and your choice of the leaves on the ground and her scarf. I must say I do feel this way about the home I grew up in. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the origination of this term...but I think you've done a great job communicating it!
I thought of this saying too when I first saw the topic. I'm not sure what it means either, but your illo does capture a lovely, warm secure feeling :)
An excellent image! The foundation of this is a very strong drawing, with beautiful linework and concentration on detail - her facial expression is perfect! I love that you've kind of ignored "real" perspective in favour of your art. This would make a perfect housewarming card!
Oh...this is wonderful! I just love the soft touch of your colors and the shape of this composition. Here's an answer to your question... I agree with Ian - this would make an excellent housewarming card, or even a gift to a special friend moving to a new home!
I've really enjoyed visiting your blog this morning! Your Safe as Houses illo is wonderful, you achieved a very special feeling with this one. Great job!
At the tender age of 9, a wild scottish woman (a friend of my parents'), convinced me, without a hint of a doubt that my name was Alice Flossy Pumpernickel.
more...
20 comments:
I've never heard that expression before so I'm no help. But I love this illo, safe and calming. The colors and expression are refreshing.
What a comfy illustration. I love the colours and your choice of the leaves on the ground and her scarf. I must say I do feel this way about the home I grew up in. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the origination of this term...but I think you've done a great job communicating it!
So lovely and cozy...she looks so content!
i have never heard of that phrase, but i like your drawing!
Awe !!! it's sooo peaceful and beautiful and everything ....
the leaves the little house ...
no, i can't help, we don't use that expression here ;-)))
o, love it, she is so peaceful. lovely watercolor..
this is beautiful!
beautiful illo!
I've never heard that expression before either, but I like it.
Your colours are very rich.
Great illo- use of line, color, & subject. I love this because it is so warm & comfy & it is getting me in the mood for the fall!
I thought of this saying too when I first saw the topic. I'm not sure what it means either, but your illo does capture a lovely, warm secure feeling :)
wonderful watercolor, love ur leaves and the colors u used, shes looks very peaceful
An excellent image! The foundation of this is a very strong drawing, with beautiful linework and concentration on detail - her facial expression is perfect! I love that you've kind of ignored "real" perspective in favour of your art. This would make a perfect housewarming card!
Oh...this is wonderful! I just love the soft touch of your colors and the shape of this composition. Here's an answer to your question... I agree with Ian - this would make an excellent housewarming card, or even a gift to a special friend moving to a new home!
Very pretty image. Can't say that I have heard the expression, but I can certainly understand it. Excellent work!
Nice image
I've really enjoyed visiting your blog this morning! Your Safe as Houses illo is wonderful, you achieved a very special feeling with this one. Great job!
another lovely illustration! always a joy to return!!
I've never heard that expression either but thanks to Carla- I know it now!
The illo is of course brilliant- You are the best.
love the soft autumn palette and the way the houses are so embraceable. and thanks for visiting my portfolio site!
Post a Comment