flossy-p home

Monday, September 25, 2006

johann's tash

Two people get on the train today, obvioulsy strangers, they sit behind me, not together, but nearby.

Nice Man: "So what song was that you were just singing?"
Nutty Woman: "Oh, yes that was (insert name of some concerto here) by Johann Strauss! I adore singing Johanne Strauss. Johann Strauss was from Austria, he composed wonderful dance songs..." and she launched into an essay about Johann Strauss, after obviously already having sung one of his numbers while waiting for the train.

At this point I put my ipod on. Later, during a quiet point in between songs, I could hear her still talking about Johann Strauss in great detail. I managed to quickly grab a pen and jot down this little gem before I forgot it:

Nutty Woman: "Johann Strauss's face was very good looking, he had a moustache!"

Well, I'll let you be the judge of that...

If you ask me that's no mustache, that's a beard who's chin part couldn't bare any more classical music and ran away to ROOOOOCK with this dude.
Johann's Tash

4 comments:

Jaci Clark said...

HAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, Flossy! I love the photos. That is one helluva stache - er, beard...whatever. :)

islandarts said...

LOL This is too hilarious!! I want to photoshop the two photos together now... just to see what it looks like LOL!!

Anonymous said...

What a riot!! Isn't it amazing what you can hear/ observe on public transit? Thanks for the laugh flossy-p!!