The crap comic below is the story of my day today. Started out a little lost, umm-ing and arh-ing, found inspiration in the garden and sat outside in the beautiful sunny Spring weather sketching things in the back garden. Then, suddenly, an almighty wind came out of nowhere, it was like a truck hit me, I was thrown about and absolutely covered in leaves, flower bits and pollen. "Don't be deterred, don't be deterred" I kept chanting to myself, "don't let this put you off".
But the wind kept on, and each time it blew another load of leaf matter poured down the front and back of my top and stuck to my eyeballs. "Keep going, keep going, don't let this stop the roll". I kept on going for a while, until there was so much crap on my paper the pencil was no longer making contact. I packed up my stuff and headed back inside.
"This doesn't have to be the end, keep going"... so I did. I sat on the lounge inside and kept on sketching.
Then I started to itch. All over, (from all the pollen and stuff I guess).
"Don't let this be a bad thing..."
"So I filled up the bath with hot water and lavender bubbles, and sipped on a peppermint tea as I soaked in the first bath I've taken in what feels like years. I remembered passages from The Alchemist, and wondered if the Universe was using the wind to test me, like it did with the boy in the desert...










1 comment:
At the beginning of Sept I put my daughter in Daycare so that I could sit down and have a full day of 'creativity'. It's been 4 weeks and ONLY NOW do I feel like I'm actually getting stuff done.
Don't over think it, once it starts rolling, it will be hard to stop!
Love the storyboard!!
Post a Comment