Knitting jokes never go out of style!! Love that pea green color of the sky...probably about the same color of his face when he realizes mom's knitting won't save him now. Maybe she can knit a full body cast? Really fun stuff, Ms. Flossy!
He doesn't look too badly off considering - maybe his deep faith in his Mum is paying off :). In the '70s there was a fad of knitting bathers, which was similarly a bad idea.
I had a friend who died in a parachute accident many years ago - and experience jumper, so quite a shock to realize just how perilous and tenous this activity always can be.
There's something about the drippping green and his body language that makes me feel like he's sinking rather than floating! Perhaps it has something to do with his fishnet parachute? The composition is wonderful, abstracting the forms but conveying the action so well! Superb!
beautiful colours! Love that green. Did'nt realize what it was about till I read the text. Then I looked at the parachute! Scary! But very cool composition.
At the tender age of 9, a wild scottish woman (a friend of my parents'), convinced me, without a hint of a doubt that my name was Alice Flossy Pumpernickel.
more...
23 comments:
Knitting jokes never go out of style!! Love that pea green color of the sky...probably about the same color of his face when he realizes mom's knitting won't save him now. Maybe she can knit a full body cast? Really fun stuff, Ms. Flossy!
Great stuff! love it Flossy p!!! great work...i like the green color you chose..
Excellent!
Love the "drips"... very uneasy feel. How tight is that knit?
great picture. I really like the sky and the little trees. Ok, so maybe a parachute shouldn't have all those holes but the knitting is lovely :D
The dripping clouds are kinda creepy...forshadowing that he'll soon be dripping...eww!
Love the contrasting colors you chose and the elements outside the border...tre cool!
doh...
I love the way his parachute looks though.. flyin in style! haha.
The drippie clouds and coloring are awesome!
Excellent.
I like it.
great composition with a great idea!
love all details of it. the dripping idea, perfect!
your work is GREAT.
-Marjorie
This one is great flossy, It's got a great impact!!
didn't even jump with a reserve chute lol that probably would have been knited too fun stuff here.
Really nice piece! I like the way you stylized the trees and clouds.
This is the best!...it would make a great card!
Beautiful illustration.
He doesn't look too badly off considering - maybe his deep faith in his Mum is paying off :). In the '70s there was a fad of knitting bathers, which was similarly a bad idea.
I had a friend who died in a parachute accident many years ago - and experience jumper, so quite a shock to realize just how perilous and tenous this activity always can be.
I forget to say: great composition, particularly the framing!
There's something about the drippping green and his body language that makes me feel like he's sinking rather than floating! Perhaps it has something to do with his fishnet parachute? The composition is wonderful, abstracting the forms but conveying the action so well! Superb!
beautiful colours! Love that green. Did'nt realize what it was about till I read the text. Then I looked at the parachute! Scary! But very cool composition.
This is really great! I love the dark green shadows running down the green sky. Its just great!
poor poor boy. was his mother well intentioned? definitely batty!
I love it, the parachute looks almost like a Chinese dragon. Beautiful. Poor mum...
are the two hanging threads on the right side of the knitted parachute loosened? i hope he'll landed safely. great composition and colors.
Post a Comment