
I tell you what, the internet makes you guys all seem deceptively close by, but when I'm dying for something to arrive in the mail I'm reminded that I'm actually at the very opposite end of a very large globe!
My 'resigned drummer' (original painted card by Troglodyte Mignon) finally arrived today!!!
Like a road-weary traveller who has travelled thousands and thousands of miles to get here, he looks sleepy and disheveled. And I adore him. He is delicate, pale, and more intricate than he looks on screen – having an original piece of artwork always reveals so much, and is therefore that much more special.
It is no secret how much I idolise the unique works of Troglodyte Mignon, they transport me into a freaky but sensitive world. These days I often find myself waiting to cross the street in a crowd of people, staring a person waiting on the other side, and in that moment they turn sketchy and washy and become one of her wonderful characters, and I wish I had her talent and could rush home to capture them.
Instead I have bought one of my very own, and I’ll keep him close by and wonder about his melancholy state.
You can get one too. They live here…
(I have my eye on “sleepy aunt”. But they’re rushing out the door, so if you want one, don’t hesitate.)
Thank-you Troglodyte Mignon!










2 comments:
Thank you for the link to Tro. Mignon's blog page. Those are cool watercolors I like the Sleepy Aunt one too, but I think my favorite is "Stressed Shopper" --alas, it's SOLD :( I will keep check the site though :)
Lo**
You made an excellent choice! :-)
Post a Comment