flossy-p home

Thursday, October 05, 2006

quiet

Quiet
My Illustration Friday attempt for "quiet".

If there are sounds, particularly words, coming at me from anywhere else (i.e. TV, music, radio, people talking), the words I'm trying to read in a book escape to go and play with the others. They get lost and I absorb none of them. I need quiet to read.

(I've hidden some Haruki Murakami books in my illo this week; I always marvel at how he writes quietness into his books so beautifully.)

35 comments:

Mike said...

Very nice picture! I think you did an excellent job.

Sophie from Grins and Sighs said...

Really like it. Can just picture a quiet afternoon by looking at your illustration.

Anonymous said...

Superb illustration. Love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

quiet to read...like me too!
great illo!

Diane Duda said...

This may be my new favorite! I just love the colors and the patterns...from her checked skirt to the bright red toenails. Love it!

Michelle Lana said...

nice!!!
great illo flossy p!!! love it.

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful. i love the legs, red polish, and the light reflected from the window. you are too good. definitely a favorite :)

Gina Cuff said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the watercolor washes and the colors you used. The flowery pattern on the floor look very pretty too.

Janet said...

Wonderful! I love everything about it, too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colour composition! I love the carpet/ wallpaper pattern! Great job!

Amy Zaleski said...

Your illustrations are always such a treat to see, Flossy! The rug pattern is gorgeous and I love the perspective!Lovely how all the colors tie together....

° said...

maurkami is great have u read his Dance dance dance.
love the colors and the view u've taken in this illo

rania said...

flossy, this is stunning!! when you get around to making prints of your work, I would love one of these!

mjc said...

beautiful drawing!

JO said...

What a great illo. Beautifully done.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

ow, beautiful watercolor(as always)! excellent work.....

CRISTOSOVA said...

What a beautiful pattern on the floor, what a great perspective. I love the book "Sputnik Sweetheart" especially. How fitting you chose Murakami for this illustration, their is such a quitness in his characters, like, despite all where they live in, what they go through, they are in this quiet bubble with themselves.

Unknown said...

this is beautiful!! Love the idea and the composition!! Delicate and lovely!

Heartful said...

Pure loveliness! So cosy. I love the flowers rising out of the floor...and am a big Murakami fan too.

Anonymous said...

so lovely! beautiful colors, great detail.

Anonymous said...

Great colors and composition!

Anonymous said...

very nice work - i really like the floral designs.

islandarts said...

This is probably my favorite illo so far... LOVE it!

Jeannetto said...

I really like this piece

juliemc said...

nice compostion and great job w/washes. especially like the light from the window.

Anonymous said...

just plain drop dead gorgeous!

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

Adore the depiction of light on the rug! You must have pets....I'm guessing from the fringe...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! The design, colours and composition could not be more perfect. You have really outdone yourself with this illo. I'm with Shoofly - put me on a list to buy this print!

Anonymous said...

really good!

Majeak Ann said...

oh wow this is great! really like the cropped composition, with round corners, the patterns, this is a really nice watercolor indeed!
-Marjorie

Jaimie said...

wow this is fantastic. I love all the detail, the rich colors and the shadows.

esillustration said...

i love your illustration. it's wonderous!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

I've got to start looking in more categories at IF site. This is very nice!