flossy-p home

Monday, October 16, 2006

learning the ways of home school

Mr You is a freelancer and works from home most of the time, now I'm at home we've both being going through a period of adjustment. We’ve been getting used to each others patterns, and noises and shower times, etc. Mr You is having trouble defining the weekends, I usually provided this sense of weekend by not going to work for two days. But now it’s all different.

He’s been informing me in the “way it rolls around here”, like I’m the new girl in the workplace. I retaliate with the odd cheeky “You’re not the boss of me!”. (In case you hadn’t noticed, we’re both grade A smart-arses). Now it’s extended to talking about the office Christmas party, and inter-work relationships.

But last week an issue arose. If there’s one thing that can bring even the most harmonious workplace undone, it’s the kitchen habits of your fellow workers.

We each have our own tubs of muesli, (…it’s a long story which involves me picking giant crusty banana chips out of my muesli (yuck), but Mr You insisting they are glorious). Anyway, increasingly when I reached up to get MY muesli off the high shelf something kept falling off the top of it and landing on me. Most of the time it was a tub of sunflower seeds or almonds, etc. So I approached Mr You about it…

“Hey, would you mind not stacking your scroggin supplies on top of my muesli. Remember I’m short, I can’t see stuff up that high. I get hit on the head.”
“Sorry you’ll have to wait for the monthly meeting to raise that. Bring it up again then.” And left the room with a smirk on his face.

The next morning I opened the cupboard to find this:
Cereal_mine
(That’s MY untoasted, pure, innocent muesli tub at the bottom!)

And this was my immediate retaliation:
Cereal_his
(That's his banana chip infested muesli at the bottom! Ha-Haaaa)

Oh, it’s war baby! Game ON!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

heehee! that is brilliant :)

rania said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! game ON! :)

islandarts said...

Right on!! Go FLossy!

Regina said...

Excellent tower!!! Looks like you're in the lead!

Anonymous said...

I'm on your side Flossy-p! This is better than "The Office"....

Anonymous said...

oh my this post has amused me in so many ways!

Jeannetto said...

That's funny. You're both bound to get tons of work done!

Anonymous said...

AAAAHAHAHAHA! Classic! :D