flossy-p home

Friday, December 01, 2006

no new inventions here

Sorry, I won't be illustrating 'invention' for Illustration Friday this week.

I just found out after lunch yesterday that I've managed to get a stall at a small craft market next weekend (not this one, the next one). It's great news, I'm so excited! It's exactly what I need right now, some focus and to feel a sense of purpose.

But, it's also sent me into a wee spin as I don't have anywhere near enough stuff to fill a market stall. So, I'm about to knuckle down and get busy. Really busy. The market is at a school, so I'm planing on doing a whole range of items for kids specifically for the market. I'm thinking cute simple paintings, wall hangings, some more hairbands and clips. A couple of cushions too if I get time (I think I'll be pushing a bit there). I've got exactly one week. tick tick tick...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity! I'm sure you will sell lots and lots of your cool stuff. Will you get some photos of your booth so we can see what it is like? Good luck with everything!

islandarts said...

Wow, that's awesome! I'll be wishing for great weather so you have hoards of people at your stall!
And like Sandra, I'd love to see some photos of your booth!

Allison said...

oh wow! i can't wait to hear all about it! i'm afraid your shop may be my pocketbook's downfall though because i want EVERYTHING! that new cushion you just posted would look perfect in my living room and i may not be able to resist - if someone else doesn't beat me to it that is.

i got my shop purchase this week (can you believe how fast the mail was this year) and it is better than i even imagined! you are too sweet flossy - i'll be posting pics of the ornaments and stocking so everyone can enjoy your talent! i also recently uncovered a package that i had sent to you last year (returned) and then never sent back (bows head in shame, blushing**). i'm going to re-fashion it a bit and send it on its way (bad bloggie friend, boo - but can i blame it on the baby? no. fine, fine. just a bad bloggie friend, but i'm in recovery).

Rayne said...

This sounds fantastic.
You have to take a picture of your booth so we can all see your wares.