
I had another commission that I sent out just before Christmas also. This one came via Susan at Artstream, for a lady (a grand-daughter) who commissioned a painting for her grandfather's 80th birthday. She sent me photographs of her family, and wrote the most beautiful story of her grandfather's life and character. A nature loving, carrot farmer from South Texas, who cherishes his family and adores his wife. From what she wrote I could tell he is a wonderful man with vivid life stories and a passion for life itself.
It wasn't easy getting all that onto paper, and hoping that my interpretation met what he is really like. But I was soooo relieved when I got good feedback. Apparently there were even tears (good ones I'm told). So it was all well worth while in my books!
I haven't drawn anything since then over the Christmas break, and this week I'm really struggling. I've been drawing just one painting ALL week long. It's not even that detailed, I'm just rusty. It doesn't take long to get out of the habit. But Friday's are always productive, because I realise it's the end of the week, and I pull my finger out and get serious.
So, excuse me, I'm off to be all serious like...










4 comments:
What a wonderful gift! If you don't mind my asking, what do you charge for these commissions? :)
beautiful, beautiful...such a wonderful feeling to make someone that happy.. a whole family even with your wonderful gift. truly.
Hi Molly,
This one was about $300 framed, plus shipping, which was all handled via Artstream.
But it depends on what kind of work it is, how detailed it is, and what's involved.
I've also done lot's of swaps with other artists and crafts-folk. I love swaps! Swaps are a fantastic (well meaning) way of getting your work out there, and getting wonderful things in return.
flossy .xx.
Flossy,
If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to "hire" you to do a picture for my best friend, who is pregnant with her first baby. I'm going to be an "aunt" for the first time too! (OK, my husband's sister as a baby, but really, this is the first time. Really truly, you know?)
xox
- Molly
Post a Comment