flossy-p home

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

an artful agenda

Artful Agenda Banner

Artful Agenda PlannerLook what arrived in my mailbox yesterday!

A little while ago I was asked if I'd like to contribute art to be part of the Artful Agenda 2009 Daily Planner. It's a fundraising project to help out the NE Portland Tool Library. Which is a great idea in itself.

I was thrilled to finally see the diary in the flesh, it's the sweetest thing! The perfect size for carrying with you, printed on recycled paper, chock-o-block full of art, and as charming as can be. There are 6 full page illos of mine in there, along with a bunch of works by Ashley G, Jessica Dadds, and heaps of others; 18 artists and a different illo for each day.
(See more of the art here.)

The whole thing has a lovely hand drawn feel to it. Each spread has a theme (i.e. a whole week of different ice creams, sock monkeys, shoes, yoga poses, or leaves) and there are pages for notes such as "Wildlife sightings", "Restaurants to check out", "Ways to reduce my carbon footprint"... It really is cool. I keep going back and flipping through it, seeing something new each time.
I'm so proud to be part of it. :)

They are only $15, and you can choose which cover you'd like.
So if you'd like to get yourself a copy (or as a perfect Chrissy gift for someone) they are for sale online from:
- The Artful Agenda website, or
- Their Etsy store.
And if you're in the Portland area, keep your eye out on the streets.

Artful Agenda, March
One of my pages :)

Artful Agenda, internal
Different picture for every day of the year.

Artful Agenda, books and restaurants
Pages for notes and sketches.

13 comments:

Ylana said...

That looks like a very funky diary, thats for sure!

Anonymous said...

cute cute! love them... i think i might just be on my way to get one :)

Emerald Arts said...

That is so cool! If I wasn't hopelessly in love with my filofax I would consider getting one, but I'm a lost cause :P

Danielle said...

This is beautiful. Such a great idea!

Pretty Ditty said...

I've been looking for something like this. I think I'll buy myself an early Christmas gift =)

Renee said...

Something to be proud of that is for sure.

My birthday is at the end of March so I was quite happy to see that is the one you did.

xoxoxo

laura said...

It's beautiful! Great Christmas gift too!

Jenny said...

It looks really special and just what I am looking for. Well done on your contributions:)

Lilli boo said...

I was looking at buying a moleskine diary for next year, I think you have just changed my mind!!! Love it..

Erin said...

OH that is wonderful. I love it. these are going to be fun for the holidays!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Cool diary - love your contributions, as ever!

Allison said...

perfect! just ordered one for myself!

Esti said...

i like this one!!