flossy-p home

Sunday, November 16, 2008

from nature

This is: my favourite thing from nature.

How do you select a favourite? I could easily have gone for broccoli, a delicious fruit, a humble plant, an elegant bird, or a graceful old tree... but this time I've chosen pure flamboyance!

Passionfruit flowers:
Passionflowers

They're just so crazy.

I included a passionfruit flower that's native to this region in this painting of mine, along with a great quote: "People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us." I think that sums it up for me.

This week's topic from Cloth and Fodder.


I've been a bit quiet here this week. We've had a friend staying with us, so we've spent the week eating and swimming. It's been lovely. :)

21 comments:

Liesl said...

They are amazing. I don't think I have really seen passionflowers - I must find out more about them. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos.

Sarah-Jo said...

WOWSER! those are spectacular!

Jetta's Nest said...

How beautiful! And I agree, it was hard to choose, and I hadn't even thought of broccoli :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Love those flowers. Love the painting, and love the idea of a week of eating and swimming.

Anastasia said...

oh!! they are lovely...i dont think ive ever seen one before!

Emerald Arts said...

"The Earth laughs in flowers"

Anonymous said...

i love these flowers.. we used to have them all over in the greenhouse where i worked.. SO pretty!

Katrina Jackson said...

I've never seen flowers like that before! How beautiful!

muralimanohar said...

I call passionfruit lilikois..and lilikoi flowers are like nothing else. Kind of like their fruit. :p

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

They are amazing, crazy flowers! I've never seen them before.

Michelle said...

Woh, they are totally amazing! I've never seen them either, spectacular!

Anonymous said...

Snap...so do I, but those are sure crazy pics.....love it

Jenny said...

They are truly stunning! The house on the corner has a vine so I am forever hovering around it!

Anonymous said...

hey mine too they remind me of medalas ( i hope i spelt that right?)

Anonymous said...

hey ya, we have the middle centre one in the backyard - when we meet in real life i can show it to you- but you can't pick them or they die so when we have them i am constantly going out to peer at them- I love them and a friend of mine has a giant paninting of one in her cafe in SYD.

Esti said...

I hadn't seem so many passionfruit variations of colours and shape!!

Renee said...

The flowers are completely crazy and beautiful.

Thanks again for your wonderful talent because I just received 3 of your postcards from my sweet niece Natalie. I especially love the woman with all the hair.

Have a great week.

Love Renee xoxoxo

Dees said...

oh my I have never ever seen these flowers before!!!Soooooo beautiful!!!wow,isn't nature amazing every single time!hugs Dees

Lilli boo said...

These are the most incredible flower I have ever seen.. I can't believe I haven't heard of them? until now. Thank you for all your inspiring posts for "This is.." and lovely comments along the way..Hope all is well with Mr You and look forward to seeing and reading more about your wonderful artwork. Cheers, Lil x

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Incredible!! I never knew there was such an array. They are pretty crazy, aren't they? Like they're ready to party!

Katie said...

they are crazy gorgeous and so inspiring!